Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Bug Linux standalone player crashes on dragging mouse pointer in custom xsession

Discussion in 'Linux' started by catu3d2023, Apr 18, 2023.

1. catu3d2023

catu3d2023

My game is running inside a custom xsession without window manager in Ubuntu 20.04.
    It crashes when I drag the mouse pointer(or swipe using touch screen) in my game.

The custom xsession file (/usr/share/xsessions/game.desktop) is similar to the following:

[Desktop Entry]
    Name=Game
    Exec=/home/foo/bar.run

The crash happens on Unity 2020.3.43f1 or above (and some newer Unity 2021 versions) and does not happen on Unity 2020.3.42f1 or older.

I found that the crash is caused by "UnitySelectMonitor" in player prefs. I can reproduce the crash by setting "UnitySelectMonitor" to -1 or removing it from prefs before launching the player.

After reading some release notes, I guess it is a regression introduced by the fix of the following bug:
    Linux: Fixed Multi Display mouse/touch input registers incorrectly on Linux Standalone player. (UUM-1569)

2. arcade1972

arcade1972

Same for my game using Unity 2021.3.23f1