Search Unity

Linux module missing (CLI)

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by DrummerB, Feb 9, 2020.

1. DrummerB

DrummerB

Running the Hub with the following options:

-- --headless install-modules --version 2019.3.0f6 --module linux --module lumin​

results in this output:

Missing module linux. Skipping..
    Omitting module lumin because it's already installed
    even though the help for installing the Linux module says to use that key:

Linux Build Support: linux​

2. BujuArena

BujuArena

Did you ever solve this? I'm seeing the same thing when trying to install tvOS support.

unityhub --headless install-modules --version 2019.4.4f1 --changeset 1f1dac67805b -m appletv
    Missing module appletv. Skipping..

This is very weird. Obviously I know it's missing, or I wouldn't be trying to install it. How can I make it install it? The Unity Hub GUI doesn't show the tvOS module in the module list either, or else I'd have already used that. How do I get tvOS support installed? I know for a fact that 2019.4.4f1 supports it, because I've had it installed on a Windows machine.

3. DrummerB

DrummerB

@BujuArena I don't remember how I figured it out, but the solution for the linux module was to use --module linux-mono. I think the help text was outdated initially.

4. BujuArena

BujuArena

This is still a problem a year later.

unityhub --headless install-modules --version 2021.1.19f1 --changeset 5f5eb8bbdc25 --module tvos
    Missing module tvos. Skipping..
    unityhub --headless install-modules --version 2021.1.19f1 --changeset 5f5eb8bbdc25 --module appletv
    Missing module appletv. Skipping..

I'm trying to install the tvOS module, but Unity Hub doesn't let me. I can't do it from the GUI or the CLI. It just makes no sense. It makes me want to talk to Unity Hub and say "Yes, it's missing, so please install it.". How can I do it?