Search Unity

Official Linux IL2CPP Cross Compiler Packages Now Available in Preview

Discussion in 'Linux' started by andrews_unity, Sep 24, 2020.

1. vladimir-fs

vladimir-fs

Hi, is there an ETA on this?

2. qiliang_zhou

qiliang_zhou

Unity Technologies

We couldn't reproduce the issue using 2020.3.30. Could you delete the sysroot cache and try again? The cache can be found at
    %APPDATA%\Local\unity3d\cache\sysroots

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  3. RoyBarina

RoyBarina

Thanks! but..
    I did tried to delete that and let the editor recreate it but then got the message in my last post's edit..
    And yea in a fresh new URP project everything works I even tried to build with a suspicious 3rd party asset that have a "link.xml" that I thought maybe cause a collision... idk
    Maybe 'clangargs' have a clue?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  4. RoyBarina

RoyBarina

I still cannot build for Linux at all. help?
    I'm getting this anytime I try from "Build Settings" or via custom script I made:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\unity3d\cache\sysroots\windows-x86_64-linux-x86_64\llvm-9.0.0-1\bin\clang++.exe @"C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Temp\il2cpp\clangargs_1B8DA3D22E681514E47C1415D59A8D26.txt"
    3. clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1136 (use -v to see invocation)
    Also I've noticed it produces 2 'clangargs' txt files.

5. qiliang_zhou

qiliang_zhou

Unity Technologies

I still couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you file a bug with a minimal repro project?

6. TheWolfNL

TheWolfNL

Info:
    MacOS 12.3.1

Unity 2021.3.2f1 - Silicon

M1 chipset

packages:
    "com.unity.sysroot": "2.0.2",
    "com.unity.sysroot.linux-x86_64": "2.0.1",
    "com.unity.toolchain.macos-x86_64-linux-x86_64": "2.0.1",

When trying to build for Linux in batch mode I get errors like:
    /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.2f1/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/libil2cpp/il2cpp-config.h:3:10: fatal error: 'string.h' file not found

/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.2f1/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/libil2cpp/os/ClassLibraryPAL/brotli/enc/./port.h:12:10: fatal error: 'assert.h' file not found

/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.2f1/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/libil2cpp/icalls/mscorlib/System.Globalization/CalendarData.cpp:1:10: fatal error: 'string' file not found

and more, but if I build from the editor it seems to work like intended. :confused:

Update:
    I've updated my batch command and moved most of the config (like build target) into a C# method instead, which resolved the issue for me.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  7. anttihaavikko

anttihaavikko

I'm on M1 chip as well and the IL2CPP Linux builds have been working (on 2021.2) but now Unity Hub updated and after that it doesn't seem to recognize the toolchain package anymore. I've tried pretty much everything and nothing seems to work. I've tried updating the package to 2.0.2, reverting to 1.0.0 which was the working version earlier. I've tried removing it and seeing if the automatic install would work. Nope. Now I've tried Unity versions 2021.2, 2021.3 and 2022.1, pretty much running out of options on what to try.

The manual installation shows up in the project settings but build window doesn't see it.

8. appxplore-tech

appxplore-tech

I'm having same issue as well. appreciate if anyone solve this issue~

9. cemugurk

cemugurk

Same problems here. I also tried 2021.6 but no luck.

10. itsmikeu

itsmikeu

I am also having this issue. I have tested it with 2021.3.7f1 and it does not work either.

Update: I have tested this with 2021.3.8f1 and the toolchain still fails to install.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  11. itsmikeu

itsmikeu

I've found a workaround: The problem seems to be that the Apple Silicon version of the editor is looking for an Apple Silicon specific toolchain, which I am guessing does not exist. I've been able to get around this issue by manually downloading and installing the Intel version of the editor. As of this moment, Unity Hub does not support installing both the Apple Silicon and the Intel version of the same version of the editor. So it needs to be manually installed.

12. itsmikeu

itsmikeu

The Apple Silicon editor still cannot create IL2CPP Linux builds. However, the latest version of Unity Hub allows installing both Intel and Apple Silicon versions simultaneously, which has helped make the previously mentioned workaround less tedious.

13. biscito

biscito

any update on this ?

14. jlevet

jlevet

Up on this subject,
    I have the same issue, on an M2 processor, trying to build dedicaced Linux server, only the Intel version of the Editor handles this, the Apple Silicon one still fails with the MacOs-Linux toolchain.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  15. jlevet

jlevet

Up, still looking for news, or ETA, or at least acknowledge of the issue