Search Unity

Linux Endless input issues

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by epadillafpl, Jun 27, 2018.

1. epadillafpl

epadillafpl

Hello everyone, I’m having an issues with the input on my game. This is what is going on.

I have a character that uses the input from WASD to move around, just like any other game out there. In Windows and Mac it's working fine but when I run the game in Linux the inputs are getting stuck, sometimes it register a key down constantly and sometimes intermittent but it's never the correct way. I thought it could be something with my game so I made a test game with the free car package available on the store and it happens the same thing, you can see the car wheel moving to the sides without any input being pressed.

Does anyone here know anything about input issues on the Endless version of Linux?

I am using Unity version 2018.1.6f1

Thank you everybody.
    Esteban Padilla

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Do you have a joystick or gamepad connected to the machine? Or any other device that could be associated with the axes you are using if you are using the Input Manager?

Also, I believe Unity does their Linux testing against the more recent LTS versions of Ubuntu. Is that what your Linux box is running?

3. epadillafpl

epadillafpl

Hello.
    I do not have a joystick or gamepad connected and there are not devices connected to the machine or other applications running that could modified the imput. I am running the Endless version of linux.

FYI,
    The issues continues even if I change scenes within the game, vertical and horizontal axis keep reporting key press events.

I still looking for a solution, also this is a labtop and another issues is the track pad, while a key is pressed on the keyboard the track pad does not response on the game,

Thank you Joe

4. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

It's my guess that there is a stuck key or electrical short or corroded ribbon. It's definitely hardware by the sounds of it. Try a different machine.

5. jimrogerz

jimrogerz

I'm having a similar issue - Input.GetAxis mapped to the arrow keys gets stuck as soon as I press the arrow with the game running. I'm using Ubuntu 18.10, Unity 2018.3.0f2. I'm using a mac keyboard (typing on now - no hardware issues). The game works on windows and mac.

6. FruitSnackTiger

FruitSnackTiger

I have the same issue. I have Windows and Ubuntu 18.04.1 both installed on the same computer (so not a hardware issue) and the Windows unity has no problem with keyboard input, while in Ubuntu the input gets frozen, so the player keeps walking in one direction even when nothing is being pressed.

7. Heeien

Heeien

Any news on this? Just started using Unity 2018.3.4f1 through Unity Hub on Arch Linux and I'm having this issue. The problem does not happen on Windows so I don't think it's a hardware problem.

8. Heeien

Heeien

UPDATE: On my setup the problem seems to only happen with the arrow up, right and down keys. It works as expected with WASD.

LocoJosh likes this.
  9. carlmarqs

carlmarqs

Same happening in Unity 2018.3.6f1, using Manjaro 18.0.3.

Input.GetKey() always returns true after pressing up, right, down or left.

10. Rendoir

Rendoir

Still have the same problem in Unity 2018.3.6f1 on Ubuntu 18.04.
    Issue tracker says it was fixed on 2018.2... yeah right.

Does anyone know a workaround or a (beta) version where the keyboard input is not completly broken on Linux?

11. harentius

harentius

I am having same issue on Linux with Unity 2018.4.15f1 too.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  12. LocoJosh

LocoJosh

Same problem on Ubuntu Unity 2018.4.15.
    Anyone found a fix?

13. LocoJosh

LocoJosh

Was able to work around the issue by not using the arrow keys and only WASD. Thanks for the help