Search Unity

Question Linux Editor: Can't download assets

Discussion in 'Linux' started by dginovker, Oct 6, 2020.

1. dginovker

dginovker

If I go to Asset Store > My Assets and click Download on the embedded webpage, I just sit at "Downloading: 0%". I tried reimporting my assets, restarting, and a few other things, but can't seem to get it work.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? I'm using Unity 2018.4.27f1 (LTS) on Arch Linux.

2. KevinWelton

KevinWelton

Given that the release is pretty old (and in terms of the changes we've made in the Linux editor along the way, I wouldn't hesitate to say ancient) and that Arch is not a supported config, the causes may be varied. If you end up hitting this on a newer editor release, you can report a bug with "Help > Report a Bug". Keep in mind that since the distro is not officially supported, it may be prioritized accordingly. I have 5 distros I'm running on my dev box, 3 of them being officially supported for 2021.1. Our team in general doesn't have the capacity to repro on other distros give our resources. But if we get bugs we at least try to repro them on a supported distro as often as we can.

dginovker likes this.
  3. dginovker

dginovker

Understandable. Thanks!