Search Unity

Linux Editor ARM CPU

Discussion in 'Linux' started by decapator, Oct 24, 2018.

?

Would you like to see Xavier running Linux editor to make and play games?

1. Yes.

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Who cares?

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. decapator

decapator

2. decapator

decapator

really I thought this topic would be a bit more exciting?

does anyone not get it?

unity editor on windows for snapdragon processors are the closest thing...
    and that's still crappy forever updating windows plus the NVIDIA and the Xavier kills it....

Perfect platform for Unity with AR! and Unity toys and more!

3. decapator

decapator

Maybe I have to do more research?

4. jamesg

jamesg

I found this thread when looking for any word on the Unity editor running on ARM however my motivations are slightly different.

I've been wanting my phone to also be my PC since I got a Nokia N95 waaaay back and it felt like it was just about there.
    I've seen MS have a go at convergence, I tried Ubuntu Phone, Apple refuse to merge iOS and OSX, but Samsung's Dex setup is looking pretty cool and I'm getting enthused.

So while it may not be my main dev machine, I love the thought of being able to develop games at least part time on my Phone/PC in any capacity and due to my lack of time I'd rather not go back to maintaining my own engine :)

If you can point me to anything I can click on, email to, etc. that might help and ARM version happen let me know!

5. gururise

gururise

I would prefer to see an ARM Linux target for Unity (ie. Raspberry Pi), which is becoming very popular.

FROS7 likes this.
  6. SteveDET

SteveDET

Running the Unity editor on Linux ARM would be a tiny fraction of the Linux market, which is itself a tiny fraction of the Unity market. Due to the size of the potential audience and the number of binary dependencies this would involve, the effort required would far outweigh any benefits. While it may be cool, I don't see it as being feasible.