Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Linux] Drawing via Tile Palettes not working?

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by ju_cs, Sep 5, 2019.

1. ju_cs

ju_cs

I'm very new to Unity, so instead of directly opening a bug report I'm describing my problem here first to make sure I'm not doing something wrong. I had to switch to the beta for linux because of an issue that does not seem to be backported to 2019.2 so far (https://forum.unity.com/threads/sprite-editor-slice-not-working-2019-2-0a9.654163/) and try my best to get it running...

So I created a new scene, sliced a texture into several sprites, created a new tile palette and added the sprites to it. I also added a tilemap to the scene which is also displayed as active on the palette. However when selecting one or multiple tiles in the palette, I am not able to draw them on the map using any brush or fill tools. Apparently normally the selection is stuck to the brush when howering the scene which is already not the case for me. Left-clicking or pulling on the scene exhibits the normal "selection" behavior of other tools. By the way using the move tool on the tile palette also does not seem to work (also triggers selection there).

For some reason the cursor was not included in the screenshot, but image it as a normal OS mouse cursor without any changes at the bottom right corner of the selection.

I would be happy if people could point out if this is a real issue or not so I can file a bug report.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

That's a bug, the team is looking into it. You can find information about its resolution state here: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1176950/

Could you please submit a bug report for this issue?