Search Unity

Linux Build Won't Run.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by dragonBRP, Jul 7, 2017.

1. dragonBRP

dragonBRP

We currently have a game on steam in alpha. Couple days ago someone reported to us the Linux version was not working. We been trying to figure out what could be the issue. I have tried various settings on and off and building and we cant get the Linux build to run. It always results in a black screen and we can hear our music playing in background. I tried to see if maybe it was a unity issue and i created a blank project that basically one scene with text component saying Linux graphics test. I ran it and to my surprise it resulted in same black screen with no text.

I'm not sure what the cause of it is. i don't have a real Linux machine test and i know you guys have said before vmware is not as good as a real machine but the user who told us the issue runs full blown Linux. We were using something like 5.2 or less because we know Linux version worked before we had someone testing before as we were on steam under alpha and still are. Our last push to steam before couple days ago was around May / April so what version around or before that was working perfectly fine.

Attached below is a built version and the project i created just for the simple test.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

https://mega.nz/#!QBQxWCgA!3vzdOxs4DxwZkBhpPWmp7Os6oy9v6NrU6hwk0rtKBW0

Found a solution to get apps to run. Need to set an optional parameter through steam backend or on each game. -screen-fullscreen 0. There seems to be a bug with running game right into fullscreen. If you set this parameter then let game launch and then change to fullscreen from within game everything is ok. If you dont linux builds won't run.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. Tak

Tak