Search Unity

Linux Build no longer launches in Unity 2018.2.7f1

Discussion in 'Linux' started by William_Goodspeed, Oct 10, 2018.

1. William_Goodspeed

William_Goodspeed

I have been able to build for the Linux platform without issue, but after upgrading Unity version to Unity 2018.2.7f1, our game will no longer launch for players. The player logs seems to indicate a failure to load libraries, this wasn't an issue previously so I'm assuming it's a change with the new Unity version.

Fallback handler could not load library /home/failbetter/Desktop/Game/Game_Data/Mono/x86_64/data-0x6cec400.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/failbetter/Desktop/Game/Game_Data/Mono/x86_64/data-0x6d10230.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/failbetter/Desktop/Game/Game_Data/Mono/x86_64/data-0x6d48ec0.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/failbetter/Desktop/Game/Game_Data/Mono/x86_64/libudev.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/failbetter/Desktop/Game/Game_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libudev.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/failbetter/Desktop/Game/Game_Data/Mono/x86_64/libudev.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/failbetter/Desktop/Game/Game_Data/Mono/x86_64/libudev.so.0
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/failbetter/Desktop/Game/Game_Data/Mono/x86_64/libudev.so.0.so
    Fallback handler could not load library /home/failbetter/Desktop/Game/Game_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libudev.so.0

There are more this is just a selection.

I'm not too familiar with the Linux environment so I'd appreciate any pointers.

2. Tak

Tak

This is just unity trying to dynamically load native libraries as a result of script code.
    It's possible that there could be some / a lot of failures here without this being a problem.

Can you post a full player log?

3. William_Goodspeed

William_Goodspeed

Thanks for the quick reply Tak.

You were on the right track. It turns out these errors appeared in the previous working version, so they were misleading.

I found the source of the problem, it was actually a video intro that had codecs which weren't transcoded for the Linux platform. This caused the game to free on load. Thanks again!

4. Paradoks

Paradoks