Search Unity

Question Link's Awakening Remake Style Camera

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by StriderRouga, Dec 2, 2021.

1. StriderRouga

StriderRouga

Hi there! I am trying to get my camera to behave similarly to the one used in the Link's Awakening remake on switch. Capture.PNG
    The Camera follows the player but doesn't go past walls to reveal anything outside of the room. The main issue I'm having is my level is made of multiple rooms and hallways so a singular box collider in the cinemachine confiner doesn't take into account the different shapes. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

EDIT: unfortunately this is not true. We don't currently have direct support for this use-case.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  3. StriderRouga

StriderRouga

thanks for the reply! I'm not seeing a CinemachineCollider2D option anywhere. my cinemachine version is 2.6.11 and it's the latest version I can get for my version of unity which is 2020.2.2f1. Using the regular cinemachine confiner set to 2d doesn't seem to work for me.
    . confiner 2d.PNG
    I think it's because my camera doesn't stay at the same height so it just moves past the collider.

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Sorry, my mistake. I meant to write CinemachineConfiner2D. You'll need to upgrade Cinemachine to at least 2.7.x. I would recommend 2.8.3. It works with your version of Unity.

5. StriderRouga

StriderRouga

Ah ok now I see. I didn’t notice the other versions drop down in the package manager, sorry about that. Is the CinemachineConfiner2D compatible with 3D scenes? My camera doesn’t seem to be confined at all and its offset far from where the player it’s set to follow is. It still looks like its moving with the character though. Just to be clear my scene is made of all 3D assets and my camera looks down at about a 54 degree angle at the character.

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

EDIT: again, sorry for the misinformation. We don't currently have direct support for this use-case.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  7. StriderRouga

StriderRouga

Ok cool. I'm not sure what I'm missing then. It looks like the camera is shooting straight over the collider CameraShootingOver the Collider.PNG

8. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I don't know either. If you'd like to put together a simple test project that shows this I can take a look at it.

9. StriderRouga

StriderRouga

Absolutely! Should I just put it here or is there another way for me send it to you?

10. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can zip it up and PM it to me. Don't include the Library folder, it's huge and will just get regenerated anyway.

11. deadlyjoker

deadlyjoker

Kinda necro, but is it a perspective or orthographic camera in link's awakening?

12. StriderRouga

StriderRouga

Im not sure. some of the assets look like they have been modelled to fake an exaggerated perspective but i was able to get a similar effect playing with the settings on a perspective camera. Unfortunately, i never did get this working quite the way i wanted it