Search Unity

Linker error on UCB, but builds locally

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by unityventures7, Jul 7, 2021.

1. unityventures7

unityventures7

Hi!

We can build locally successfully (tested on Xcode 12.2 and Xcode 12.5), but the UCB is throwing the following error:
    We are using Xcode12.4 (latest available) on UCB

8033: ❌; ld: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: 'Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '1205.0.22.9.0_0' Reader: '1200.0.32.29_0')', using libLTO version 'LLVM version 12.0.0, (clang-1200.0.32.29)' for architecture arm64
    8034: ❌; clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Does anyone have a clue on how we solve it?

Edit:
    Follows the discussion about it on other topic, the problem seems to be related to the XCode 12.5 support:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/xcode-12-5-in-ucb.1108451/

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    salmamoust likes this.
  2. tarmo-jussila

tarmo-jussila

My iOS building pipeline broke last Monday as well. I've tried every suggested fix:

- Tried to change iOS resolver setting to use Project instead Workspace = not helping
    - Tried to change legacy build system to new build system in post process = not helping
    - Tried to disable bitcode in post process = not helping

I think it's time for the Unity team to step up and fix whatever they broke in the Cloud Build pipelines. My builds were working fine a week ago and with no changes to the project environment, everything just broke. Local builds are working fine, so it's clearly an issue with the cloud.

3. salmamoust

salmamoust

Is there any updates ?

4. BennyKokMusic

BennyKokMusic

bump into this just today, build working locally, and uCB was working four days ago.. with no codebase changes related to iOS platform.

53059: ❌; ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    53060: ❌; clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Edit:
    We somehow fixed our problem by simply running pod install, and we switched the entire build pipeline to GitHub action just to found out the missing command...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  5. unityventures7

unityventures7