Search Unity

Link To Xbox One Module

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MrEsquire, Oct 9, 2017.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I been looking everywhere to download the module, but no luck..
    Even on the official Xbox Dev Portal, the Xbox support team failed to answer me.
    Anyone provide me with information would be great?

2. RaulOses

RaulOses

Hi MrEsquire,

To download the Xbox One player and platform plugins, you need to have access to our private forum for Xbox One development. And in a pinned thread, you can find all links to download all those files.

If you don't access the forum, you will need to talk with your Xbox Account Manager, notify them that you are using Unity for Xbox One and ask them to give you access to the forums (Unity forums).

3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thank you Raul, I dont have access, Xbox didnt tell me about this, I will speak to them...
    BTW this needs to be made more clear, already the Microsoft Mobile platform has died today RIP.
    I just hope more users can find it easier to publish on Xbox using Unity platform and not UWP..

4. JohnWilsonXP

JohnWilsonXP

Thank you for this. I know it's an old post but still helped and was relevant!

5. ShadowStudiosTM

ShadowStudiosTM

Can anyone send me the xbox one module by chance? I've been working on my game for right at two years and now am trying to port to test the game but found I need the module to do so.

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Only Microsoft is authorized to give access to Unity's Xbox One module. Nobody else can send it to you. If you are part of ID@XBOX program, you need to talk to your Xbox account manager.

If you are not on that program, you can deploy to Xbox One via Xbox Live Creators Program. For that, use "Universal Windows Platform" build target in Unity, which is available publicly.

7. Jair-Martins

Jair-Martins

According to unity's new policy, you must purchase a pro license to access Xbox's private forum. Of course, after going through the Microsoft acceptance process (which is my case). My question is:

Is it possible, in addition to exporting to Xbox, to have access to plugins that help with the most complex tasks on Xbox? example (Leaderboards, Login, Achievements etc...).

I ask this, because if it's just export in Xbox format, it's not worth it (since my intention is to facilitate the creation of achievements) and for this, the existence of plugins that help in these tasks is essential.

If the pro license does not offer these features, it is more viable to stick with UWP.

I'm waiting for an answer. Thanks!.

8. jpage_unity

jpage_unity

Hi
    Unity for Xbox platforms has C# SDK API wrappers. So you basically just need to understand the native SDK to implement the tasks that you mention.
    Thanks

9. Jair-Martins

Jair-Martins

I'm using unity 2021 in my project, does the module support this version?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021