Search Unity

Link to AnalyticsEvent scripting reference is broken. Has it been shifted?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Batman_831, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Batman_831

Batman_831

I can't seem to find any dedicated page in scripting reference which details all the standard events, specifically there is not AnalyticsEvent class in scripting reference. Manual for Analytics does link that page but the link is broken. Is there some other place where the entire scripting reference for unity analytics is available?

Thanks

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. Batman_831

Batman_831

Hi, sorry for a little late reply.
    The manual page you linked, links to following page in scripting reference - https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Analytics.AnalyticsEvent.html

however, not only the link is broken, apparently scripting reference does not contain any documentation of AnalyticsEvent class.

More precisely, I was hoping to find an exhaustive documentation on AnalyticsEvent class and standard events along with exact method signatures as is normally expected to be found in the Unity Scripting Reference.

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Batman_831

Yeah, there are some issues when transitioning to Package Manager where the scripting reference is not generated in some cases. We are working to resolve that.

In the meantime, the older links still work and it's unlikely they are out of date:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/2017.3/Documentation/ScriptReference/Analytics.AnalyticsEvent.html

Also, if you are only interested in the method signature, that is usually available in your IDE. (For example, in Visual Studio, if you press F12 while highlighting a class or variable, it will either open the file where it is defined or show you the relevant metadata, but either way, you can see the method signatures.)

5. inkletom

inkletom

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

7. inkletom

inkletom

Thanks! Can you add that note to the current docs? It'd have been really good for me to know that as I started looking at implementing!