Search Unity

linearVelocityBlending in Unity 2019

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Riderfan, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Riderfan

Riderfan

Hello

In Unity 2019 linearVelocityBlending has been marked as obsolete, is there a replacement for this property?

thanks

2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Not if you use Animator Controllers. It never worked correctly so they deprecated it and have no intention to implement anything similar as far as I know.

But if you use Animancer (link in my signature), you can use Mixers which give you much more control than Blend Trees. In particular, the most significant cause of non-linear velocity that I've seen is due to the fact that Blend Trees Synchronise the timings of all their states which is necessary when blending between Walk and Run to ensure that both animations stay at the same relative progress so their poses match up as closely as possible. But since they apply that synchronisation to all their states, blending between Idle and Walk tends to give a far slower velocity than you would expect even though there is no need to synchronise the pose of the Walk animation with any particular corresponding part of the Idle animation. So Animancer lets you avoid that issue by simply disabling synchronisation for specific states. Other than that, all my tests have given roughly linear velocity.

3. Riderfan

Riderfan

Thanks for the advert.

4. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Fixed it for you.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  5. Riderfan

Riderfan

No. I asked a qustion and you proceeded to write a full paragraph to advertise your product to me. Which by the way, is completely inadequate for my needs.