Search Unity

Linear Animation on multi object figure

Discussion in 'Animation' started by JulianDia, Feb 26, 2019.

1. JulianDia

JulianDia

HI All.

I was wondering the best approach for this type of animation? I thought I'd ask this forum before I do lots of experimenting and going down a rabbit hole.

It is a whole rigged figure from Mixamo, which tend to be more than one mesh, for example, eyelash, default, body, hair, tops and bottoms. They have their own UV maps on each object. For technical reasons, it has to stay in its parts.

We would like to animate a calcification level on the figure to medical metrics. Basically, a linear ramp which reveals the calcification. The problem is the UVs are not of a linear nature. We have a video alpha matt script that we use to cut out the video, but that is quite computational and I am not sure how it would work for our needs.

I was wondering if there was a very simple 'cubic' texture which could be applied to 'all' the objects in the figure and be able to create a 'halfway line' like the image attached. Is this possible using just textures? When I say 'cubic' I mean one that tiles but without looking like a stick of rock as a flat texture would?

The basic animation has to be programmable in Animator.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Julian

Attached Files:

2. JulianDia

JulianDia

Is this possible with 'shader graph'?

I set up a project with the high def pipeline. I have seen how to apply a 'simple gradation' to a figure but I am unsure how to make it horizontal? I tried the rotate node, but this cuts half a leg off. Just a very simple up to down gradation would be great.

Any advice would be welcome.

Best regards