Search Unity

Line tearing on the tilemap when camera is moved, but only when testing on other computers

Discussion in '2D' started by StarkChaser1, Aug 8, 2019.

1. StarkChaser1

StarkChaser1

Bit of a strange problem here, I have a game where you can move around using WASD and zoom in and out using the scrollwheel.

upload_2019-8-8_13-57-49.png

It works perfectly in the editor and after building the game when I test it on my computer, with no black lines on the tilemap at all. But when I send it to people to test, they have black lines when moving around and zooming in and out. This is making it very hard to find the problem as I can't recreate it.

Here is what they see when moving the camera:
    upload_2019-8-8_14-2-31.png

The only difference I can find between my computer and both of theirs is that I have an AMD GPU and they have Nvidia. Does anyone know what could cause this?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, we all have 1920x1080 monitors, so it probably isn't that

2. Grizmu

Grizmu

There are certain techniques to avoid those seams. Not using them might cause what you are having here, as tiles might still appear seamless on one machine, and not on the other.

Have you got antialiasing disabled in the project's quality settings?

StarkChaser1 likes this.
  3. StarkChaser1

StarkChaser1

Anti aliasing was disabled, but thanks for the suggestion.

I managed to find the issue, so if anyone else has it, it was because the pixels per unit on the tileset were set to 64 instead of 1. If you still want one tile to count as one cell you can change the cell size values on the grid to 64 or however big your tiles are.