Search Unity

Line Renderer Stretching and compressing weirdly

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by ryanlin138, Aug 28, 2019.

1. ryanlin138

ryanlin138

connection.PNG

I have a script that controls the positions of the line renderer. I want it to display this conveyor belt texture (below). It seems to tile the last row of the texture instead of tiling the whole thing.
    stretching.PNG

I set up the material like this (below).
    material.png

Am I doing something wrong? It would just either stretch the texture or tile the texture weirdly if I change the texture mode.
    Code (CSharp):
    2.     Vector3[] GenerateConnection() //Generate a connection for two gameObjects. This method rests on a "Connection" class.
    3.     {
    4.         startPos = start.position;
    5.         endPos = end.position;
    7.         Vector3[] connection = new Vector3[4]; // connection stores the Vector3s that are in the line.
    8.         connection[0] = startPos; //starting position of the "connection"
    9.         connection[3] = endPos; //ending position of the "connection"
    10.         connection[1] = new Vector3(Mathf.Lerp(startPos.x, endPos.x, 0.5f), startPos.y, Mathf.Lerp(startPos.z, endPos.z, 0.5f));
    11.         connection[2] = new Vector3(Mathf.Lerp(startPos.x, endPos.x, 0.5f), endPos.y, Mathf.Lerp(startPos.z, endPos.z, 0.5f));
    13.         line.SetPositions(connection);
    15.         line.material.SetTextureScale("_MainTex", new Vector2(DistanceVector3Array(connection), 1));
    17.         return connection;
    18.     }

2. mouurusai

mouurusai

Texture "wrap mode" set to "repeat"?

richardkettlewell likes this.
  3. richardkettlewell

richardkettlewell

Unity Technologies

As @mouurusai suggests, probably the problem is in the texture importer settings for that texture, rather than the line renderer settings. Check the wrap mode :)

pojay11523 and KarlKarl2000 like this.