Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Bug Line Renderer line showing bug on curved space

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by antoluczak01, Jun 10, 2024.

1. antoluczak01

antoluczak01

In my game I use line renderer to draw a laser on curved space (metaballs). It normally looks good but when the camera is directed to the center of line (I think) then it's looking badly (screen). I tried using line renderer aligment on transform Z and attaching laser object to player transform but it still working bad sometimes. Actually this bug was fixed but there comes a new one - in some rotation of player laser wasn't even visible. So I actually don't have an idea what can i do now to fix this problem. upload_2024-6-10_13-49-16.png upload_2024-6-10_13-49-23.png

2. orionsyndrome

orionsyndrome

I can't tell what's the problem, but it could be that you're using LineRenderer for stuff it wasn't designed for. Or that it has parameters that are perhaps not covered by standard examples but which are relevant for your specific use case.

Personally, I would never do this with LineRenderer, I would create a genuine strip mesh for this in code.