Search Unity

Question Limiting Rotation to animation?

Discussion in 'Animation Rigging' started by SuperFranTV, Jan 21, 2022.

1. SuperFranTV

SuperFranTV

Hello,

iam stuck on limiting the rotation from my bones, for all animations.
    Is there a feature i missing in the "Animation Rigging" package?

I want to lock specific rotations like fingers only have two axis, and limiting the angle, so fingers cant go backwards. Limiting the scale so some bones can't stretched will be nice.

How you are doing this?

2. SI_007

SI_007

Bump!

I sure would like to know this as well, it seems like this would be quite useful.

3. simonbz

simonbz

Unity Technologies

Hi,

You can definitely do something like that if you write your own constraints. We don't have any constraints shipping with Animation Rigging that do that out of the box, but it should be fairly trivial to write your own.

You can refer to the following presentation we made at Unite for the fundamentals of writing constraints for Animation Rigging.

4. SI_007

SI_007

Thank you for your quick response, it is much appreciated!

I've watched the presentation and, although it touches many interesting possibilities, it does not show how to limit the bone rotations in our current context. If it is possible (or trivial) to integrate rotation limitations in order to obtain a finger setup that respect (more or less) human physiology, I would surely appreciate viewing a basic example or a "how to" guide.

Thanks!

SuperFranTV likes this.