Search Unity

Limiting application window size

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dev_gonz, Dec 4, 2019.

1. dev_gonz

dev_gonz

Hey everyone,

I was hoping to grab some help with my problem. I want to limit my application window so it doesn't go under a certain resolution (example no smaller than 400x200).

I currently have logic that checks the current window size, and if its outside of a certain ratio, resize to target ratio. I can redo this logic but the problem with it is the window flickers between resolutions and its a little gross.

I want to mimic something similar to Unity editor. There is a limit to when you try and resize the window so it doesn't go below a certain resolution.

Has anyone done something like this before and able to point me in the right direction? Sample code would also be welcomed.

Thanks!

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

3. dev_gonz

dev_gonz

Yes correct, we are doing windows standalone.

Ok we will have a look into it thanks! Is there a reason why the field is not exposed through Unity's API?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Not really, it's just not something we thought that games would need. Also, it doesn't really map well to different platforms.

5. dev_gonz

dev_gonz

Thanks for that :)

6. yuli_volta

yuli_volta

Hi all, just for a 2022 update on this issue (and filling in some gaps from the thread below):
    • Is it possible to set the minimum size for a non-UWP app? I.e. just a standard Windows .exe using Mono?
    • I assume the best way to do this on Mac would be to generate an. Xcode project and add the native API calls there. Is that correct?