Search Unity

Limitation on using numbers of gameObjects

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Deleted User, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

I found Unity has limitation on using numbers of gameObject. Please help into this issue
    • I am trying to plot Scatter graphs for data that is in .CSV file and containing more than 1 Million records.
    • Unity is not able to create this much gameObject, Editor is getting crash.
    • Maximum numbers of gameObject can be printed in unity are 1,00,000 records.
    • My requirement is to create more than 1 Million gameObject over the graph and charts.

My Machine configuration is :-
    Processor : 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory : 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Graphics : Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Unity Version used : 2019.4.19f1

Thanks and Regards
    Neeraj Chourasia

2. With your computer you are lucky if you hit the thousands. In DOTS you can have lower hundred thousands entities depending on how much data you're talking about.

But game objects, nope. You are probably running out of memory so you're crashing your editor. You can have 1 million game object on disk in multiple scene files and only loading a couple thousands (if even). Also you probably will need a computer with at least 64 Gigabytes memory. 16 Gb won't be enough for anything.

Keep an eye on what's happening when you run your program and check your CPU and memory utilization.