Search Unity

Games Lilith Odyssey: A Quirky Migration Twist on Open-World Space Adventure

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JediZebra101, Jan 11, 2021.

1. JediZebra101

JediZebra101

Hi Unity friends!

I wanted to share with you my project I’ve been working on for 4 years now – Lilith Odyssey!

PREMISE - The Great Nacho Wars have ended and a corrupt galactic government saps life and resources from the many war-weary planets it controls. Many alien families are desperate to leave their dying planets, and players must select one they want to help. The wealthier the aliens, the easier the journey.

This was inspired by my nostalgia for Oregon Trail (Windows 95 shout-out) and the immersive depth of No Man’s Sky. Our goal is to take the survival strategy gameplay of a migration adventure and put it in an oddball, low-poly galaxy filled with alien cultures and animals, space businesses, and the freedom to explore more than 1000 unique worlds.

Flight sim mechanics are used to ride solar rays across vast distances and chart paths along stars. And you keep your journey stocked by beaming down to planets/moons/asteroids to harvest food and fuel (though beware of hostiles and dangerous beasts).

This has been a really challenging game to make so far, but as a team of two devs working across 4 years, we're happy to have come this far. Let me know if you have any questions about the project or how we used Unity to get to this point!

For more content/info about the game:
    Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1450800/Lilith_Odyssey/
    Website - http://lilithodyssey.com/

Arkade and KeyGameUniverse like this.
  2. KeyGameUniverse

KeyGameUniverse

Wow this look really good :O so impressive.

Good work to both of you! This is very good. I know its wierd but the mini planets give me more of super mario galaxy vibe :) it's one of my fav games.

JediZebra101 likes this.
  3. JediZebra101

JediZebra101

thanks! lol. Yeah I see it. I enjoyed super mario galaxy too -- that was a great game.