Search Unity

Lightweight Render pipeline + SteamVR + Odyssey = Solid Black Screen

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by mikeNspired, Jul 19, 2018.

1. mikeNspired

mikeNspired

Tried this with a blank project, on 2018.1 and 2018.2. Pulled the latest build off GitHub for the lightweight render pipeline and still have this problem. Tried on 2 separate computers.
    Anybody else has this problem or have found a solution.
    I made all my shaders in shadergraph.
    I'm in the process of converting the shadergraph shaders over in shaderforge to normal shaders using Unity 2018.2 because I have to make a release in 3 weeks with the new shaders.

2. mikeNspired

mikeNspired

3. BrandonFogerty

BrandonFogerty

Hi @mikeNspired,

Which stereo rendering mode are you using? Multi-pass stereo rendering is not supported with the scriptable render pipeline. The multi-pass stereo rendering mode will result in a black screen with a console warning if you use SRP. You will need to use either single-pass or single-pass instancing. Also, shader graph does not work with single-pass at the moment. You will need to write your shaders manually for the time being for them to render correctly with single-pass.

rob_ice likes this.
  4. rob_ice

rob_ice

Is this fixed?

5. mhayter

mhayter

@rob_ice I had this same problem - fixed it by making a new project with the template "VR Lightweight RP (Preview)". After importing the SteamVR plugin again, it worked (albeit with pink materials - still have to switch to LWRP shaders).

mikeNspired and ROBYER1 like this.
  6. groovedelicious

groovedelicious

Rob - may I ask - how did you fix the pink problem? I'm having it with SteamVR and cannot seem to fix it ..

7. ahtur

ahtur

Why is that ? And how to use one camera per eye in URP then ?