Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightweight Bundle Bug, black screen with artifacts...

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by WheresMommy, Jul 17, 2018.

1. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

Hello everyone, I am trying to run the lightweight pipeline from Unitys package manager, which worked for the last few builds but now suddenly stopped working, not sure what the problem, but on iOS with Xcode Beta, I'll get those errors:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'LightweightPipeline/Standard (Physically Based)' - Pass 'Meta' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'LightweightPipeline/Standard (Simple Lighting)' - Pass 'Meta' has no vertex shader

When starting the game, my UI renders well but all the 3D elements are just black, to say, its just a black screen and here and there some blue artifacts. Did anyone experience this before or could get me in the right direction? Gonna to reimport the leightweight package and rebuild lighting, but this sounds like a shader issue.

2. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

Okay, Update on this, its just on iPad Mini 2 with that black screen. On Iphone 6S it looks like this:

3. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Hi!
    Please submit a bugreport.

4. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

5. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

Well, now it looks like my whole UI which lays in a worldcanvas is not drawn at all. Does anyone experience before? I was trying to reset the project, delete settings, reimport and all that stuff, always included is also set with the UI Standard Shader. This only happens to world canvases... weird thing, I know they are there, because I can interact with everything, just not seeing stuff.

6. anasmetwally

anasmetwally

I'm sharing this issue with you, but I can't relay it to "world canvas" yet.
    I have no fix, but if I have news I'll post them.

7. WheresMommy

WheresMommy

I just went back from the lightweight pipeline until it is in a stable state. Did not find any reliable drop in performance with the standard shader on my devices now, so I'll stay with that until there s a benefit for using the LWPL.

8. B4ttleCat

B4ttleCat

I've just implemented the LWRP (4.9.0) in an existing project (2018.3.3f1) and got an entirely black screen. To fix it I had to go to the Lightweight Render Pipeline Asset > Quality > Anti Aliasing (MSAA) > Disabled.

9. danrosenrosen

danrosenrosen

@B4ttleCat Thanks for the post. I am having this problem of blackscreen using ARFoundation and LWRP examples, but not sure where to find LWRP Quality Settings. I can edit the file itself, but cannot find this in settings if it does exist in a menu. I have it as "m_MSAA: 4" in the LightweightRP.asset file itself. Thanks for any help.