Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Lights And Meshes Disappear On LWRP

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Nigey, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Nigey

Nigey

Hi Guys,

Lights and meshes disappear as I move around with the scene view.

This is constantly happening in the editor from the moment you open the scene to the moment you leave that scene.

This I'm seeing as I rotate and translate my scene view around the scene. The number of tiles does vary as I move around the scene. The error log doesn't occur the moment that objects or lights are occluded. So I can't say those errors are directly related, but I didn't have them before switching to LWRP. I've google'd all over and can't find anyone with the same error, and I can't find any option in quality setting or LWRP asset to stop the ShadowMap Resolution being 0.

Does anyone have an idea of what I could be experiencing or how to fix it?

Thanks!

2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Bug report (with project) would be good here please.

3. Nigey

Nigey

Happy to do that, but the assets folder is over 30gig. How do I send that?

4. Desoxi

Desoxi

The best thing would be to create a new and empty project and try to replicate the issue with the least amount of assets (maybe the default shapes ae enough).
    Thats the way i send such reports.

Edit: Did you try to downgrade the renderpipeline you are using? Had a similar issue a few days ago and after my bug report the guys told me to downgrade.
    I could fix it though by replacing the old renderpipeline default shaders with the new ones from a new project.
    It seems like the package manager renderpipeline update did not made an update to the default shaders and that lead to weird lighting issues when object were too far away from the origin (0,0,0).

5. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Right now there are some bugs with the packing of local light shadows as the feature is brand new and needs more work to become more stable, my advice right now is to avoid using local shadows and just remain using only one shadow casting directional light for now.

To make the errors stop, uncheck the 'Local Shadows' option on the LWRP asset.

We are working on smarter packing/UX for setting how local light shadow maps are generated.

P_Jong and Nigey like this.
  6. Nigey

Nigey

Ahhhh I see. For my scenes I'm using multiple point light sources casting hard and soft shadows around rooms; enclosed interiors with multiple lights in each room. Is that something the LWRP can handle or I need to switch to high res pipeline? My project is for Vive Pro on medium/high end systems, and I intend to use the shader graph.

7. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Being that right now HDRP doesn't support VR you are in a tricky situation, depending on the urgency of your product needing to be done I would say either stick to built-in render pipeline and use a node based material editor from the asset store, otherwise if you can wait, we will fix the multiple casting shadows for local lights and also next year we are planning to add a deferred renderer to LWRP which will be able to handle a vast number of lights efficiently.

P_Jong and Nigey like this.
  8. Nigey

Nigey

That's excellent news. I now have a timeline. I'll keep the default render pipeline for now until deferred rendering is supported. Thanks for your help :).

P_Jong likes this.