Search Unity

[LightProbes] Show baked probes in the Editor (Unity 5)

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by painofangelsf, Apr 7, 2015.

1. painofangelsf

painofangelsf

Back in Unity 4-days there was an easy way to show the baked probes as illuminated spheres by opening the "Lightmapping"-Window and toggling "Show Probes" in the SceneView-GUI.
    However, I'm having trouble finding this feature in Unity 5 (5.0.0p3). When opening the "Lighting" window, no baked probes are shown and there also isn't any SceneView-GUI.
    By selecting the LightProbeGroup, I can see the positions of all probes in the group but I don't see any visualization of the baked illumination at these probes.
    Anyone knows where I can find this feature in U5?

2. Howard-Day

Howard-Day

Ah! Just go to your Gizmos drop-down, turn on 3d gizmos, and bump the display size up. You just need to make sure that lightprobegroup is checked in that dropdown. You should be all set!

joshuacwilde likes this.
  3. painofangelsf

painofangelsf

Toggling LightProbeGroup on/off in that gizmo-dropdown only shows/hides the probe-positions when the LightProbeGroup is selected. These small spheres are always completely yellow and don't show what the actual illumination baked into them looks like. What I'm looking for instead are the baked probes (the small spheres shaded according to their SH-values).

4. Nikolai-Trusov

Nikolai-Trusov

This appears to be a defect. Toggling LightProbeGroup gizmo should show light probe nodes even if probe is deselected (given the scene was baked). And the nodes should be with the preview, just as it were in 4.x.

5. painofangelsf

painofangelsf

6. jhughes2112

jhughes2112

Sorry for the necropost but the answer is Window -> Lighting -> Settings -> Debug Visualization -> Light Probe Visualization -> All Probes No Cells.

7. mitaywalle

mitaywalle

in Unity 2022 Window -> Rendering -> Lighting -> Scene Tab -> Workflow Settings -> LightProbeVisualization

Screenshot_20.png

jhughes2112 likes this.