Search Unity

Lightning is inconsistent when using Realtime and Baked

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by narigobaldo, Sep 24, 2015.

1. narigobaldo

narigobaldo

Directional Light = Mixed // Lightmap is Static for everything, except the character // Light Probe is off

Directional Light = Mixed // Lightmap is Static for everything, except the character // Light Probe is on

Directional Light = Realtime // Lightmap is Static for everything, except the character // Light Probe is off

I'm using Unity 5.2.1f1
    The problem is, when the directional light is real time, the character gets a shadow from the ceiling, I change it to mixed, he loses this shadow. When I turn light probe on, he became a glowing character.
    Am I missing some configuration? Everything is generating lightmap UVs. Just in the Lightning tab I change to lightmap static or not.

This is my lightning tab configuration:

2. Teo

Teo

Not sure why you use both systems. Choose one, and one rendering path imo.

3. jjejj87

jjejj87

roll back to 5.2.0f3, I too had massive lighting issues post 5.2.0f3, namely 5.2.0p1 and so on.

Choose 1 GI mode.

5.2.1 is a pile of randomness right now...so I would wait it out until things settle down

narigobaldo likes this.
  4. goat

goat

Well the third one with the shadows on his shoulders looks best and how you eyes would see it. I'm trying to create light maps with similar setting but it seems I'll need at least 16GB RAM, 8 won't do, and to speed things along, the newest CPU/GPU.