Search Unity

lightning in unity editory vs lightning in mobile

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Sulemanalimalik, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Sulemanalimalik

Sulemanalimalik

I just set up a environments and the lightning looks very cool in the play mode but "only in the unity editor" but when i build the game and run the game on my mobile lightning totally sucks..........what could be the reason ? thanks in advance

2. bgolus

bgolus

Mobile devices have a ton of limitations, so in general they use much lower quality rendering.

Some things:
    • Many mobile devices can't support linear space rendering, so if your project is set to use linear color space you'll see very different lighting colors and intensities in editor vs mobile.
    • Real time shadows on mobile are limited to hard edge shadows only. If you're using soft shadows they'll only look that nice only in the editor.
    • Unity's standard shader is different on desktop vs. mobile as it uses a much more optimization (ie simplified) lighting model on mobile so specular and diffuse lighting won't match.
    • By default the editor usually runs with one of the higher graphics quality setting presets. Mobile defaults to using a lower setting. This may further decrease the visual quality beyond even the above things.

Sulemanalimalik likes this.
  3. Sulemanalimalik

Sulemanalimalik

thank you so much