Search Unity

[Save $600 offer !✅] Particle Dynamic Magic URP -Advanced FX Framework (Decal, Particle, Spline, AI)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Revek

Revek

Hey man buy the system already!

I am wondering how this compares to particle playground which has a lower price, but god save the economy this seems like a good deal.

P.S. I am going to put that for the start of my review if I buy this.

I need particles that work with circular gravitations asset, or any planetary gravity asset. Sorry, I am a budget game design hobbyist currently full time.

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Revek,

The biggest difference to any other asset in the store, is that it handles gameobject particles with full integration to all the emitters. Also i have taken everything a step further, providing not just samples but whole systems based on PDM core and it now has a Decal system (full dynamic), custom scripted particles (that may be skinned/animated meshes, follow their forward vector and anything scripted particles may do) and much more that are not possible with standard particles.

So the comparisson to any other particle only sytem on the store is not possible, as the particles are just one of the many things you can handle with Particle Dynamic Magic.

Also i plan to rename the pack to Pan Dynamic Magic to better reflect its purpose and possible uses.

Some other features are a custom batching system to handle the gameobject particles and many optimizations like multithreading and pooling, an AI system for swarms that will not hit walls and even attack enemies and much more. Also offers a range of shaders (refractive etc) and special FX emulation, like particles that receive all scene shadows etc

The feature range is trully epic in this pack, so i hope you wont be dissapointed :)

I also have a sample that uses the gameobject particles (butteflies), AI (they avoid surroundings) and use a single particle pool to attack enemies and apply dynamic decals on the environment, so this show how the systems may work together to provide a very optimized and streamlined use for decals in a big combat etc and comes with a PDF tutorial on how to set this up as well.

About circular gravity, i dont have the pack to test it with, but there are gravitational forces for particles in PDM.

Also i am creating PANDORA that is a separate pack and will offer multiple gameplay elements, one of which is circular gravity with features i have not seen in the store yet (at least from the little i have searched) and will be compatible with PDM and the pack will offer many samples of using the particles with the spherical planets etc.

With PANDORA on sight, i think PDM is a real bargain, as its value with skyrocket since it will get a huge library of gameplay related effects and uses (liquids, ropes, decals, blasts are just a few of the samples and expansions PANDORA will offer that will require PDM to run).

A sample of the gravity in PDM and local manipulators

Let me know for any further questions.

3. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Is there any possible release date for Pandora pack?

Will it be in one month, for October, or later?

I agree that it may not be good to make a comparison as they different things, and your pack has many more things included and many more effects are already done as preset or prefabs ready to be used, something that is not true on Particle Playground that has little.

Although maybe the Pan Dynamic Magic does not reflect and show really the purpose and possible uses if one person does not know what this is about and maybe could be confused what is the meaning of Pan in this case, I understand it, but maybe not everybody.

I would suggest Dynamic Magic Multiple Effects Creator, or Dynamic Magic Awesome Effects Creator, but of course you may know better than me

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Pandora is essentially 5 packs in one, so i cant give a hard date as to when will be ready, but i shoot for late September or early October.

The name is a bit tricky, i am not sure "Pan Dynamic Magic" is good either, "pan" means everything and will be in line with Pan dora name, but maybe i name it "PANDORA Particles" or "PANDORA FX - Particle, Gameobject, Spline manipulation & Dynamics" and thus will be linked to the big gameplay PANDORA library/module based on PDM.

What do you think of this idea / names ?

5. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Good to know that it may be for that date and not later

Chossing a good name is not easy and must take many different variables

I think that PANDORA FX - Particle, Gameobject, Spline manipulation & Dynamics is good but I would change it to

PANDORA FX - Particles, Multiple effects, Gameobjects, Spline manipulation & Dynamics

PANDORA FX Effects - Particle, Gameobject, Spline manipulation & Dynamics

I know that FX means effects, so it may be redundant

Will also have PHYSICS included too?

I know that pan means everything but for me (and thinking on other people) Pan Dynamic Magic, I think is not good, and does not show the real powerful content

IDEA AND SUGGESTION - PARTICLES AS LIGHT LEDS?

I suposse that you know what a light led is, but you may not know is what happens if you join a lot leds in an array and not light them all at the same time, I mean to give an example in this video

ROOM WITH THOUSANDS LEDS

Here there is 64.000 leds arranged in lots of square grids in a huge place

My idea is that maybe you could be able to make arrangement or array of leds lights in grids, strips, or planes so you could attach them to different surfaces or gameobject and build then spectacular light effects multiplying the prefab pieces.

LEDS CUBES

Also another idea with leds is to make LEDS CUBES that are transparent cubes filled totally with leds in an array filling all the cube and then you could light up the leds inside in different patterns and ways, or light all at the same time as shown here

INFINITE MIRROR LEDS EFFECT

There is a cool and nice effect done with a strips of leds enclosed between two mirrors opossed each other, so each mirror reflects the other mirror

There are many more examples on the right side of this video

and also on google images

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sit....1.1.0....0...1ac.2.64.img..1.0.0.kRVRFtwmF5w

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    nasos_333 likes this.
  6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for all the cool ideas and name suggestions

I will cosider how the led effect could be done (probably will need some shader use too). Some of the videos can already be simulated in PDM, i will create some similar demos for PDM v.2.1

7. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Glad that you like it and even better that you may be able to include something like inside a future update, it would be really awesome, and would surely give broader and greater potential to your already awesome and amazing pack

nasos_333 likes this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

The led system will definitly be a nice addition to the next PDM library (library #3) that i am working on.

The next update will get this new library and minor fixes/updates (like fixes with some issues with splines when moving very fast, additional option to destroy instantiated AI agents in the AI system and some other smaller things)

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic is on SALE - 30% !!!!! for a limited time

Enjoy particle & gameobject emission from any source (skinned mesh, procedural, splines) and control with Turbulence, environment aware AI, Forces and special Effects.

Customized batching, pooling, multithreading and single source multiemission are used for ultimate performance.

300+ ready to use effects are included and will be further expanded in later releases.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

PANDORA Liqua module

Particle Dynamic Magic 2 will be an integral part of ARTnGame upcoming pack, PANDORA

This will be a ready to use gameplay elements focused system, which will provide multiple integrated frameworks to implement gameplay ideas, that will be modular and in prefabs for ease of use/placement. It will also use PDM for all kind of cool effects in a special PDM oriented module.

PANDORA will have 6 major modules (Spherical Gravity and physics creation module/editor, Special FX like teleportation, Liquid FX 2.5D, Time FX like slow down and speed up, AI module, PDM Gameplay FX module) and while only the last one is PDM dependent, the rest will also benefit a lot from PDM integration and will have additional functionality using particles. The metaball liquid particles are also based on the PDM 2.1 2D particles.

The goal of the pack will be not to just provide the core frameworks with physics etc, but to also apply them to ready to use gameplay element library that will be expanded over time, to give the pack a ever growing value.

Some of the early WIP with spherical gravity, with particle integration

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  11. mikaelgustafsson

mikaelgustafsson

How does this work on mobile?

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

The systems are very optimized, especially after v2.0 it is possible to do a lot of things with only a few particle systems and draw calls.

I have not tested the system on mobile, though from user comments i see that it performs well, considering always the proper tweaks and lower particle counts that mobile may handle.

This is from a review "Works well on mobile too providing you don't get too carried away with combining too many effects and particles.at the same time.". This is also refering to an older version, so the system is further optimized after v2.0.

The core of the system uses Multithreaded dynamics like Turbulence and Forces and Single Pool Distibution that allows the spread of particles and decals in a centralized way, from single pools. With proper material and considerations, it is possible to do decals with minimal draw calls as well (like the feathers demo for example).

Also the gameobject particles can be animated and scripted, plus there is an AI module for sensing the environment. That functionality can be rather heavy for mobile if a big number of agents is involved, but everything in the pack is scalable and controllable (e.g. you can control how many particles will appear on a mesh by dividing on its vertices or use masking etc)

Also most systems have centralized control, that allows the application of the custom batcher and other tricks (like spread calculations in frames) to further optimize things (which would not be as easy or possible in a non centralized scheme)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

The big ARTnGame sale ends today

Make sure to grab the packs while it offers are still active !!!!

Particle Dynamic Magic 2 will be used together with the upcoming Gameplay oriented PANDORA asset for amazing drag and play ready to use gameplay elements and systems (liquids, particle use with spherical gravity, particle AI, ropes and much more). PANDORA will have a whole module dedicated to PDM and also many of the other modules (liquids, sperical gravity, advanced gameplay FX and behaviors, Teleportation etc) will have effects that will be enchanced by PDM.

Please if you like the packs, when possible, leave a review so i can work much faster on upcoming updates.

As i am a one man team, reviews help a lot in keeping the developement for packs full time and delivering extra features much faster.

Thanks a lot in advance for any reviews for the assets.

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

BIG HALF PRICE SALE !!!!

The asset is now on -50% sale for a limited time ($45, normal price $90)

There will be an upgrade path from Particle Dynamic Magic to the new PANDORA gameplay oriented pack, that will offer a huge collection of gameplay ready elements to link together and many frameworks to support cool gameplay ideas, plus updates and addon packs with various game type templetes.The new asset will make heavy use and provide extensions to Particle Dynamic Magic systems.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

More glowing reviews for Particle Dynamic Magic !!!

A big thanks to everyone for the support and help in development of the system.
    Every review counts and helps me work faster on the coming updates.

A big update is in the works for Particle Dynamic Magic that will enchance it and connect it to the new PANDORA system, that will have the application of its modules to actual gameplay situations and combined with the spherical gravity, FX, liquids and physics modules of PANDORA, for optimized gameplay effects, ready to use and super optimized for massive quality.

Also as PANDORA grows and requires specific effects & optimizations for its gameplay scenarios, Particle Dynamic Magic modules will be updated and new ones added, thus both packs will get big updates in parallel.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic is now on -50% sale for a limited time ($45, normal price $90)

Advanced FX, particles, AI, forces & dynamic decals, all integrated right inside Unity. The asset will also work together with the new PANDORA gameplay oriented asset from ARTnGame, which will provide a big number of gameplay use cases for particles, AI, liquids and decals !!!! and use in mini games.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system will be on -50% sale this week !!!

Enjoy :)

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

One issue has been discovered when creating a new spline from scratch, where an error is produced.

This error is fixed when the 'Show_controls_play_mode' parameter is set to true. This will properly intialize the spline and then can be used normally.

This will be fixed in v2.1 of the system.

19. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

WOW!! I did not know that it was already available Version 2.0!! congratulations, regretably I do not have time to see and test it, I would love to see all the new things.

For anyone that want to buy it during THE 50% SALE this week is totally recommended and really worth it even at full normal price, as it contains lots of awesome and amazing things.

20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the kind comments SpaceRay :)

Version 2.0 is a very big update with dynamic decals, special new optimizations (single source mission, pooling) and a huge number of new effects that create a whole new second library to explore.

These will be further enchanced with more liquid simulation options, more control on decal destruction, new spline modes and controls and much more that will also be used for integrating the system with PANDORA.

I also think that PANDORA will be the best way of showcasing the true abilities of the asset, i am now hard at work on the system and have refined it a lot, added many new cool features and moving towards the first beta, with many of the final planned features already in. It is a behemoth system so i sliped in the my initial estimated time, especially since i was making Sky Master 3.0 in parallel (which also turned to a super behemoth deal :) ),but PANDORA is now in full force development and will increase Particle dynamic Magic worth a lot, as it will offer a whole world of gameplay ready systems, that will use the particle and decal effects.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic is now on -50% sale for a limited time ($45, normal price $90)

Advanced FX, particles, AI, forces & dynamic decals, all integrated right inside Unity. The asset will also work together with the new PANDORA gameplay oriented asset from ARTnGame, which will provide a big number of gameplay use cases for particles, AI, liquids and decals !!!! and use in mini games.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have tested the system with the latest Unity (v5.3) and in some of the effects i get a slow down at random, sometimes it does not happen at all, sometimes it is constant.

The particle system in the new version has an issue as reported in the below thread with massive slow downs comparing to the previous versions and i will keep a close eye for a fix to this and a possible restore of the previous particle system or speed up of the new one.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-5-3-performance-issues.372648/#post-2415613

Exaple case (not using Particle Dynamic Magic, this is a general issue):
    On 5.2, transparent rendering takes between 4 and 5 ms > 60fps approx.
    On 5.3, same scene, same project, same device, the transparent rendering takes 130 - 150 ms > 6fps.

Unfortunately i cannot do anything about this issue, as it is an internal Unity bug in v5.3 and i hope it is fixed soon.

EDIT: Unity has found the issue and will be solved in the next v5.3 patch.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

More reports are out for massive performance loss in Unity 5.3

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-5-3-performance-issues.372648/#post-2418052

I would recommend not using the v5.3 as it is creating a very big performance loss in general, Particle Dynamic Magic supports v5.1.1f1 where i have tested and will play fine in versions below v5.3.

I will support the next versions that restores the v5.2 and previous speeds in particles, if the issue is not resolved i will try to remake the system with a custom particle system for v5.3+ (as a new option, the previous systems will remain intact) and completly override Unity's one that is now broken in v5.3.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  24. nasos_333

nasos_333

HOLIDAY DISCOUNT for a limited time !!!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  25. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333,

High. . Always been tempted by this. . Does this asset 'do" energy Shields? . You know, ones which perhaps react to incoming directional strikes with ripples, that sort of thing?

Also, what about things like fireballs and smoke?

Also, not so critical, but Playmaker actions support?

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

I dont have a shader based rippling, but there is a procedural system that can increase a procedurally created motion of vertices frequency on impact, emulating a general ripple to the shield. This can work on a mesh emitting particles as well and effects like local particle break could be combined to create a breakage in the shield.

This effect can also be used together with other shader based rippling tools on the store for extra effect (for example with shader based you may no have vertex displacement, but with adding this you get vertices to also react to the blast. The effect is applied to the whole sphere, but can also be made to be applied locally with extra coding.

You can see the ripple effect in the latest demo, on the sphere that emits the lighting, if dragged to the ground will collide and create a rippling effect in the whole sphere.

There is both fireballs and smoke, also smoke can receive shadows from all scene objects for more realistic effect.

There is no playmake support ATM, this will probably come in the next pack that will use PDM for gameplay (PANDORA asset), this will use the effects in modular gameplay elements and these elements could be controlled by Playmaker (wont be in the intitial release)

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

HOLIDAY DISCOUNT for a limited time !!!!

Store link

Enjoy a global gameobject, decal, particle & spline control and effect creation framework, made for easy understanding of every module so it can be extended. Working directly in Unity editor with full compatibility for all Shuriken effects in the Asset Store and a 300+ advanced dynamic effects library. The system is super optimized with Multithreading, Pooling, Custom Static/Dynamic Batching and Single Source Distribution for ultimate performance.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Special FX: Seaking missiles, chain lightning, fire propagate, particle paint, physics on splines, particle to particle collisions.

Particle Dynamic Magic offer

Discount -50% for a limited time !!!

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic includes a special shader that blends alpha and additive, with an edge factor too that can be used for toon like effects or additional depth to the effect and is controllable so may be turned off completly, this mode makes particles look same on all backgrounds.

Here is a sample of the shader included in v2.0 of Particle Dynamic Magic against various backgrounds and with various border thickness (full and zero in last two pics)

Particle Dynamic Magic is on 50% sale for a limited time !!!

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

In Unity 5.3 i noticed the spline selection during spline editing may create a strange rotation in the scene view, i have now changed the system to select spline segments with the Right Mouse Button that does not have this issue.

This fix will come in v2.1 of the pack, along with the fix for the error when first creating a spline (one list is not initialized at start and needs to go to Update(), which during the editor mode happens after any Inspector action and then works fine).

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

A note on trail based ribbons, the system seems to have an issue in forward rendering in Unity 5.3.1p4, i have reported it in the forum and wait for response. In deferred it seems to work ok.

32. BlankMauser

BlankMauser

Hello,

I've purchased this asset and had a question. So for the dynamic batching, if I need to use PDM for bullets would I need to look into an object pooling system for instantiating them? Or can PDM help me in that regard?

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

There are a few ways to do the batching. In my feathers example i have the right material and objects to auto batch the feathers for example through Unity's own system.

The bullets are created from a single particle pool and i have various samples with various levels of pooling.

There is also the option for pooling in the decals (like the bullet impact textured quads that align to the world space or any other decal like ice etc) and the impact particle emission from a single source as well.

The pooled decals can also use my dynamic batching script (if Unity's own batching does not kick in for example)

To sum up, there is a range of optimization ways
    - Static and dynamic batching for object pools with full control of update rate etc
    - Decal pooling (supported for one type of decal per decal creator, for example it wont be used when there is a per material decal creation of more than one decal type through a single decal creator, this is planned for later versions)
    - Single source emission (using the Attractor script, define emission transforms and single particle system to emit with from the transforms)

These effects may all be combined together as well.

In the "PDM 2.0 Demo U5" scene, check the "2 Dynamic Decals" samples, the "TURRET, Decal per material" sample has a per material decal creator, the "Decal Bullet & Impact (subemit) POOLING" sample has both the batching (in "0 TREE POOL ICE" item -> ControlCOmbineChildrenPDM script) and decal pooling (in "Bullet Decal Particle Pool" item -> ParticlePropagationPDM script, first parameter). Also these samples have various ways to handle the impact particles (besides the decals, the debri that is cast away from the impact point) through instantiation ("TURRET_A" and "Decal Blood" samples) as decal or using the Shuriken collision / subemitter system.

The single source emission sample can be found in "SpecialFX" category, Circular casting" sample.

You may use these as samples for the decal creation and optimization and let me know for any further help. All the demo items are also available as prefabs and through the Effect collections (In Window menu)

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last days of Particle Dynamic Magic -50% sale !!!!!

The regular price will be submitted today.

Make sure to grab the pack while the offer lasts and save $45 !!!!

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

The regular price has been submitted and pending review.

Make sure to grab Particle Dynamic Magic at half the price today !!!

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few notes on Particle Dynamic Magic special shaders.

I attach a few samples that i will add in v2.1 with the "PDM_Particle_Shader_Add_Blend", which is the main one that does additive alpha blending. Also show some particles without the shader (the very faded ones against the bright background).

The shader requires a small amount of "Edge Factor" parameter to go out of the additive only region, so add a small edge factor to see the full vibrance against bright backgrounds.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

Particle Dynamic Magic v2.1 is now complete and will be submitted tomorrow after a bit of extra testing

New features and fixes:

- Fixed feathers shader for Unity v5.3 (now transparency works properly)

- Fixed the particle material handling in one of the samples (first two pics above, also shows combination of gameobject and Shuriken particles)

- Addressed new in v5.3 warnings (e.g. emissionRate became emission.maxparticlecount, enableemission became emission.enable) due to the new changes in the particle and particle collisions systems.

- Fixed spline issue in initilization and added some extra checks for lists counts (in segment detail lists)

- Added multithreading to spines system for further optimization (in addition to splines update only when shape changes). A sample of the performance gain is shown in the posted pics above.

- Added persistent rotation definition and handler per node in spline (to use from other scripts, e.g. for mesh generation)

- Added controllable spline curvature at the spline nodes (two modes, single control or dual control in split mode)

- Added the ability to erase the dynamic decals (gameobject particle mode) on the fly and the system will handle the erase properly. Now the AI butterfly particles in the demo for example can be destroyed at will.

erichkr likes this.
  38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

40. BlankMauser

BlankMauser

Hey!

I was wondering if it was possible to grab a copy of a current skinned mesh/gameobject and spawn it as a particle using a matcap shader. Making a sort of After-image effect. It would have to grab the current frame as well, but I'm going to try applying this to a still object first. Wanted to see if you had an approach in mind.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system does particles on animated skinned mesh and supports gameobject particles too (e.g. the feathers demo uses gameobject particles, aligned along the surface normal), that can be anything, including animated skinned mesh objects etc and can conform to the source mesh or let loose and various degrees between (emit and let loose etc), plus can transition to other sources with the Transitions system, like to splines or procedural meshes etc

This mode will be especially fast in Unity v5.4 when using GPU instantiation shader for the gameobject particles. I also have a dynamic batching script that can be used to batch the items of the pool included.

There are also a lot combination that can be made, for example the AI particles (e.g. butterflies that attack targets with single source particles and cast dynamic decals on glass etc with per texture normal) can be combined with the gameobject particles that emit and start attacking an enemy (a local attractor can lead them towards the target too)

42. BlankMauser

BlankMauser

Is there an example scene in PDM that I can look at that shows how to use the pooling system? I'm considering using mostly PDM for all of my bullet game objects.

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

Yes, there are example prefabs and all are in the demo scene as well.

For example for bullet decals with per texture decal setup there is the turret demo. Also the blood demos show various levels of optimizations, using particles individually for each impact or particle pools, plus decals.

Note that gameobject pooling is supported for one decal type and is planned for multiple decals (like turret sample) for next versions.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  44. BlankMauser

BlankMauser

Sorry but I'm really struggling to comprehend what I'm looking at in the demo scenes. I'm not really looking to do decals just use gameobjects as particles. However I'd like to pool them so there is no lag upon instantiating the emitter.

It'd also be great if I could specify the initial rotation of the gameobject. Or pass on any other parameters upon spawning them.

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Gameobject particles are supported across the various systems, like spline, mesh emission (skinned and masked as well) and the decal / painting system.

If you need to emit gameobjects from a mesh, you will need one mesh emitter and then enable in this the gameobject particles options, define a pool where particles will be held and the item to instantiate.

One good sample to start from is in "Particle Dynamic Magic -> Version 1.5 -> AMOEBA EFFECT v1." demo, the MESH18 sample, this has a basic setup of emitting cubes from a mesh. There is no pooling in this as cubes are renewed constantly, you can control the placement by adjusting the "Keep in position factor" and "Keep alive factor" for example set the first to zero to lock particle on object and increase towards 1 to free them, let them go.

The other sample with emission from skinned masked mesh is in the new v2.0 demo, the one shown in the second video.

If you need something like a bullet system, then depends on what you want the bullets to do in the impact, this has a lot of solutions, so if you define the gameplay design you need to create, i can offer advice on what to use. For impacts though the decal system is the best to use.

Note that gameobject pooling is available on the decal system for gameobject particles/decals, for best decal control. Also gameobject particles can be scripted to follow other rules, like attach a script to procedurally differentiate them or add script to control mesh on/off based on customized rules like distance from source etc

Sample videos of the gameobject particles (all are created when game starts and renew with the same objects, so no pooling is required in this system. In the decal system - not shown in videos - the decals can be erased and will renew as they are re-needed from scratch or from pool if pooling is enabled):

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

47. blamejane

blamejane

I'm looking for a way to add turbulence to my drone app. The drone is parented to a dummy object which follows a path. Is there a way to have wind/turbulance affect my drone with your asset?

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

In what way will it be affected ? For example will it be controlled by some controller and the turbulence will be on top of that or can move along the turbulence field freely ?

The system can do gameobject particles (e.g. assign a gameobject to be instantiated instead of Unity particles and be controlled then by the Shuriken sytem) that can then be affected by turbulence (the butterfly scene in the latest demo uses such a scheme for the butteflies motion and on top the AI that make them avoid the work obstacles)

What affects the Shuriken particle that connects to the gameobject particles, will also affect them, e.g. external forces parameter will make it affected by wind etc

For the case you need precision in wind etc though, i suppose a physics assets might be more appropriate

49. blamejane

blamejane

^^ thanks for the detailed response. I will have to read what you said a few times to understand, because 1. I'm a newbie, and 2. this is a completely new project for me so I can develop it anyway I want. Basically I want a "patrol" type drone. It follows a path (so I think this is the controller that you asked about) on top of the controller, I want the drone to experience wind once in a while. Sounds like your system should be able to do it in a general sense, like your butterfly example. One question...

What do you mean by "in the case I need precision in wind"?

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

I mean physics based, to affect the object in a realistic way. The wind/turbulence in PDM is not taking the object mass and shape into account for example.

I suppose they could with some modification, but is not trivial.