Search Unity

Feedback Lightning Deal IS NOT NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mfatihbarut, Nov 17, 2021.

1. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

I waited 24 hours to use Lightning Deal (90%) and waited last minutes in front of the screen then it stucked at the last second and I got nothing.
    IT IS REALLY REALLY NOT NICE AND FRUSTRATING.
    I don't think number limit is the solution it could be 10 min

Kennth and GermiyanBey like this.
  2. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

btw buy now button didn't show up in my basket also didn't show up after I refreshed my basket.

Kennth and GermiyanBey like this.
  3. GermiyanBey

GermiyanBey

Yes, I ended up buying anything too, which I was ready to buy a lot of things, seeing them increasing value very quickly (or if I appear in front of the screen in wrong time) was indeed enough to give a distaste.

Once a deal is more expensive, why do you buy it, when it can be cheap again another time? So psychological buying drivers are not well considered in my opinion.

Kennth likes this.
  4. GermiyanBey

GermiyanBey

Apart from opportunity to get deals in very inconvenient hours (sleep hour), now had opportunity to get one of the deal in front of the screen, tried to buy, and the screen get lagged and I missed because:
    it was 90% off in the first 30 seconds, then it became 80% off within a minute. Then it became 70% with 400 buyers left. Very frustrating experience.

And I was simply waiting to get that deal to buy, clicked, until the website was processing, the deal get wasted completely. Terrible indeed.

EPIC Games is gifting many useful assets to their users every month, and Unity is creating this kind of crazy deals which you can't evaluate at all, not satisfied at all.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    Kennth likes this.
  5. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I totally agree with this because it happened the same to me and it should be that Unity servers should be able to keep up with the flood of buyers and have a strong checkout that does not bring down and brakes.

PLEASE, Unity Team be so kind to fix and modify your store website so that it can keep with the flood of the buyers so all can have the same opportunities to buy

I could not be able to buy anything at black friday with the Lightning Deals as when I tried to buy it after a second passed it was already finished and it was 70% discount instead of 80% or 90% but then I could not buy either because the servers did not work and it was not possible to buy it was frozen the checkout

Now again in February 8 in 2022 happened the same again, with another Lightning deal, I have been waiting for the very first second to refresh the page when the sale started and on the very first second the sale was already at 50% instead of 70%!!!!!
    And when finishing the checkout the server gave me the message error
    "Internal server error: Fail to get redis data"

So what kind of servers do Unity have to make this kind of Lighning deals that are not able to keep working with a flood of buyers?

I totally agree with mfatihbarut, IT IS REALLY REALLY NOT NICE AND FRUSTRATING as you can not buy until it has passed much time, and then all the good things have gone.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  6. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

https://forum.unity.com/threads/missleading-lighting-deals-adverts-on-the-asset-store.1199869/

YES, I think that this the main problem of this Lighting deals is that the servers crashed and gets frozen even after the first second so as you say very well it is very unfair so it seems that it will work only for a very few persons that are able to buy it.

I totally and absolutely agree that the Unity store SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH BANDWIDTH to be able to support the possible flood of user at the same time to keep up and be able to buy what you may want and the store does not crash and when trying to buy or checkout you get "Internal server error: Fail to get redis data" so after so much time waiting you can not buy

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    nasos_333 likes this.