Search Unity

[Big upgrade offers - Save $600 !!✅] InfiniTREE PRO-Procedural Ltree generate, growth & dynamics

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Dec 25, 2014.

1. twobob

twobob

You know. I never get these updates about the threads being posted to...
    I should start keeping my own list...

like the new demo
    * cough right mouse button still spawns tress cough*

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Glad you like it :)

I posted this version without image effects first, since they needed some extra work

The right button did not spawn trees on my end, i will check it asap.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    twobob likes this.
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Another feature has been added for the v1.5 release, now the LOD has an adjustable extinction point (so there is one LOD level and an extinction area after that). It is also very easy to add any ammount of LOD levels through code (took only a few minutes of a simple copy and one extra "if" control to get the extinction for example), but i will leave that open to implement per case, at least for this version.

I am also considering having a demo where i can chop SpeedTree trees, i am working on evaluating if that is possible with the current system or needs some extra considerations. If all goes smoothly i should have a SpeedTree demo soon as well.

For this release i wont be adding the decals system, since this might take a while to perfect.This system will provide a fully destructible decal arrangement (like bringing down caves or rock formations) and there is a plan to create a real 3D snow formation system as well (a bit harder, as this will require two extra levels of complexity, that of a snow placement control and snow shaping for more detailed snow coverage).

Another plan is to have a hybrid sample using the current system and the mesh generation system (included in WIP folder, for sampling the future work for the system), for example i can grow the tree using the mesh generated branches and even have them interactive.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE is half price !!!! for a limited time. ($40 instead of 80)

Enjoy dynamic trees, forest management, fully controllable LOD and multithreaded batching.

The upcoming version 1.6 will bring all new features and enchancements, plus a grass system and much more.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE version 1.6 has been submitted to the store and is pending review !!!

This version brings major performance enchancements, usuability and tree shaping fixes and new tree chopping behavior and demo.

Also i can upload and send the v1.6 right away on request, for everyone that wants the new updates right away.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE version 1.6 has been released to the asset store !!

Enjoy big performance enchancements and the new tree chopping system and demo.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Paylo,

The system base is a multithreaded batcher and grouping AI, the trees can be anything really, even rocks etc can be used. I include a sample grass system as well to showcase the versatility of the system (i include this in the WIP folder, since this can take a lot more refinement to be fully pleased with it, but can be used for production as it is 100% stable).

I will test it with SpeedTree as well, to see if the batching works with it (and still keep the dynamics from the shaders), but i did not have the time to do it yet. I plan to (hopefully) do that test next week.

Considering i already use shaders to move leaves in the trees fine, i suppose SpeedTree would work as well though, there is no much difference from what i have seen to how Unity trees work.

The tree creator uses an L-tree system, where everything can be a custom prefab and then batches the result. This base is the most versatile, but when the tree is decombined produces a lot of draw calls (but can be tweaked to reduce that a lot or even use any tree instead of any complexity or combination etc, making a dynamics vs draw calls choice).

The multithreaded nature of the system makes it almost transparent to insert the tree to the batched mesh, so if growing one tree at a time it should cost very little to grow and batch. The source meshes are shared, so wont take more ram for each new tree (the combined mesh will increase though, but of course will be one item per tree and nothing as much as a moprh scenario, plus InfiniTREE can allow dynamic growth based on real time rules, which will come at a next version).

The next version will have two more things to help in that regard.

1. A branch growth script for local detail growth of smaller branches, to replace the higher level branching with single meshes. Essentially this can be done with the current system to an extend, using a more complex branch for level X than using two simpler items for Levels X and X+1. This is also a good trick for LOD items, so if a tree has branches in level X and X+1, the LOD of X+1 may be empty and LOD item of X be an item that will have both branches LODed in one. I use that technique already on some of the sample trees.

2. A system of growing mesh branches directed by splines, physics and user input. The system is working already and i have included a sample in the WIP folder in the package, but needs a lot of refinement and then integration to be complete.

The SpeedTree trees could be declared as the bark of the L-tree in my system and leave the rest of the tree parts empty, so this would produce just the draw calls from the SpeedTree, but would allow the dynamic cutting and grouping of the trees, so any combination and optimization is possible, with a bit of tweaking.

I plan to provide a full sample of cutting down SpeedTree trees next week as well. Note that SpeedTree cant grow like the L-trees, since it is a single entity, but if you could break it apart to branches, leaves and bark, it can be used as parts in the L-trees i suppose (but would loose the shape of the original tree).

Generally the system is very versatile and optimized, the performance depends mainly in the assets and complexity of the trees to be grown and the level of dynamics needed.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Paylo,

I have an update on use with SpeedTree. I have managed to instantiate the tree by inserting it in the bark of one of the sample trees. The issues i see is mainly in the shaders and LODs.

I have a custom LOD system that uses the material name to grab the LODs, plus i support only one LOD level in the sample implementation.

It is definitly possible to add any number of LOD levels to the system and code the SpeedTree with LOD names and grab the LODs directly from SpeedTree trees, and it is now planned for the next version.

Also i noticed that the shader that does the motion does not work in the batched tree and i am trying to figure out why. It grabs the same material directly as the moving trees, but for some reason it does not seem to activate the motion. This is a priority to figure out and then will handle the LOD for SpeedTree. Note that i already have a shader that moves the leaves, so this should be something solvable.

From what i see, it is possible to use the system with SpeedTree, but will take some work to tailor it for such use.

That said, i can already use SpeedTree trees in the chopping demo, but without leaf motion and without LODs (they just dissapear in the distance).

Also i noticed that decombination of the tree enables the leaf motion again, so the near the hero trees can be made dynamic so they automatically decombine and have the motion when the hero comes close, plus all dynamic features (motion of tree whole, chpping etc) and further away trees be static. This is already possible and works great, but does create a sudden transition from windless to windy, so it will be complete when i get the wind shader to work with the batched mesh.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Paylo,

I am glad you made your system work better, good luck with the game :). Would be great to see updates on how it proceeds as well.

As you mentioned switching with another model was the major issue with other methods, that is why i went with the full multithreaded one that has full control (and no extra work on sequencing), but if a replacement method is refined it may work well too i suppose.

The other thing is batching, if you handle batching well you can eventually grow whole forests, like the Unity terrain system for example. InfiniTREE does something like Unity's system, but with the option of full dynamics in trees and multithreaded batching.

Another perk of it is that each tree can be 100% unique and grow with dynamics, or in real time during gameplay. Imagine for example the hero passing through a forest and roots/branches grow around him or towards him.

This system could be used together with your system for sure, for different kind of effects or growing many trees that are automatically batched and grouped with multithreading for smoothness. If you ever consider it, let me know for any further details and help :)

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

A first very fast test with houses growing.

I just added the house prefab to the tree bark, so this took about 5 secs to create :), the plan is to create a system to both grow unique houses and place them properly on terrain, during the growth phase.

Essentially homes could be built and added to the batch when done, then destroyed on demand locally etc

Also i am toying with deformers, that could also give a procedurally new shape to elements or the whole house during the growth phase.

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

One step closer to finilizing the grass. I now have a shader that will bend the grass to my will, cast shadow (with a strange offset for now, to be fixed) and have correct transparency. I am now working on the shadow receive side of things. The grass patch takes 5 draw calls to render.

This shader and grass patch will be the base for the grass, that will use the InfiniTREE batching and LOD system for mesh and shadow control, for infinite but fully controllable grass !!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    twobob likes this.
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

The system got its 4th review !!!

Thanks everyone for reviewing the pack and help in its growth

The new grass system is now 90% ready and will soon be integrated with the LOD and grouping AI for true dynamic and fully controllable infinite grass on a scene !!!

The grass will have two varieties, vertex and full transparent ones for various performance needs. A sample that will try to recreate Zelda Wind Walker grass and dynamics en mass scale is also planned as a bonus !!!

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

The new system is a set of special shaders that will enable perfect grass to go on forever and be interactive and fully controllable.

Some of the work on the base of this new system can be seen in Particle Dynamic Magic 2 demo (decal section), that shows how a local grass patch will be. This system will be integrated with InfiniTREE mesh and shadow LOD systems, Grouping AI and multithreaded batching etc for performance control and interaction with the grass and many more possibilities.

Particle Dynamic Magic v2.0 demo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Particle Dynamic Magic 2/PDM 2.0 DEMO.html

The demo right side menu cycles through the major categories (Decals, Ribbons, AI etc) and the left side menu cycles through the effects in each of these categories.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Free asset giveaway!
    Every month, we will be giving away this or one of our other assets (ARTnGame Unity Store) to one lucky follower. Follow us on Twitter @Artengame to stay updated and retweet about your favourite ARTnGame asset to have the chance to win!

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE is on SALE - 50% !!!!! for a limited time

Enjoy real time tree growth and vast dynamic forests :)

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The grass system now has its own pack, InfiniGRASS. I decided not to include the whole system in InfiniTREE because it was a vast amount of work to get it done with full usuability, grass specific alterations to the system core and grass related shaders - editors etc and it would also increase the complexity, which from my experience always counts in a negative way for the pack.

All supporters of InfiniTREE (written review required) will receieve InfiniGRASS vouchers for free. There are 5 stars so far, so 5 vouchers will be handed out, just leave a written review and post the name here so i know the pack was bought / reviewed. There is no time limit for this offer, when the review is up a voucher will be granted (as long as vouchers are available, otherwise a dropbox link will be granted).

Also any reviews for the next few days will count for this offer (up to 12 vouchers - if there is more the pack will be given by dropbox). I will post when the offer stops in the thread.

InfiniTREE is also planned to get new editors, the finilized spline growth system and work on new shaders to match the beauty of the grass system, for a complete set of foliage tools. Trees are way more complex than grass though, so the task will take some time to complete, with the ultimate goal of creating spectacular looking trees with a few clicks, that can optionally grow in a fairy tale like way.

This work will start right after Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 is released later in September or early October.

The included base grass system in InfiniTREE is not affected by InfiniGRASS in default mode, so both can be used in parallel if required.

18. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Hi nasos I've added a review for infinitree to the store. Can you send me one of your lovely infinigrass vouchers please. Also I plan to add a review for your sky master ultimate after you make it a bit easier to setup in your new update you are working on. At the moment it is a bit too complexed to configure to get 5 stars and I never know whether adding 4 star reviews to an asset is helpful or not.

Also is your idea long term to use the sky master scripts to control infinitree and infinigrass as well ? If so you might want to add an upgrade discount to encourage people to buy multiple packs. For example give someone a discount when purchasing infinitree if they already own sky master and vice verca.

Thanks,

Ian

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Ian,

Thanks a lot for the support :), it is always very welcome. I will try my best to get to the 5 stars in Sky Master 3.0 with the new easy to use setup.

I will PM an InfiniGRASS voucher asap.

The plan is to control snow growth through Sky Master 3.0 on InfiniGRASS, like in the demo. The idea of connecting the packs is great as well, i may have an upgrade path or release a combined Sky Master + InfiniGRASS pack, but the focus is on Sky Master 3.0 release, so that would probably be much later.

20. clobo

clobo

Hi Nasos,

I've added a review to the InfiniTree. Could you send me a voucher of the InfiniGRASS. Thank you!

When you will give a discount to the Sky Master?

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi, i will PM the voucher asap, thanks for the review :)

I have submitted a discount for both Sky Master ULTIMATE and Particle Dynamic Magic (down to $60 from $90) in the 7th of September and waiting for the store approval. So either today or early next week will be on sale.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone,

I have done a hotfix (v1.1a) for the two major issues that came up in the first InfiniGRASS release. I have sent it over to all PMs and please let me know if i missed one.

One of the issues was the batching breaking when "Follow object" was selected while painting grass in editor (in game was fine). This is now fixed and grass can be painted/linked for follow object in editor.

The other was wrong scaling when grass was un-grown in editor and left ungrown when entering the game. The scaling is now done properly.

I hope these help, also i have added boxes to specify spread with numbers, for easier definition options.

Please let me know if any other issue comes up and for any help.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE is on SALE - 50% !!!!! for a limited time

Enjoy real time tree growth and vast dynamic forests :)

24. Recon03

Recon03

Bummer I missed the sale, I will wait for the next sale.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE 2 and InfiniGRASS, with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 fog and image effects (WIP, placeholder barks for testing)

Here is a sample of what is coming in InfiniTREE v2.0 !!! (WIP, barks are a plceholder and textures are heavy WIP too)

This will be a overall upgrade with next gen visuals, super detailed trees, full integration with Sky Master ULTIMATE 3.0, dynamic tree branch creation, bark sculpting and much more.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE v2.0 WIP

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE is on -50% SALE !!!! for a limited time.
    ($40, normal price $80)

Enjoy :)

28. Recon03

Recon03

Does this work with mobile??

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The core of the system will work on any platform, the shaders depend on the mobile target. I plan to create a demo for mobile for testing, so i will make sure to post it here when it is ready.

The tree samples are PC orietned though, so for mobile they have to be toned down.

While the system can be used on mobile, it is not 100% officially supported yet and will require some extra work to offer that option out of the box and work without any alterations required.

30. kilju

kilju

hi nasos. can i use trees that i bought from asset store with this?
    would love to see somekind of performance demo too

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The system grows a tree from various parts with an L-tree system, with a central bark and instantiated prefabs for brances and leaves, but theoretially it can grow just the bark, which can be any item. So in theory you can use any item in this mode, including whole trees. But the batched trees may not work with the original tree shader, since there is so many shader varieties and is not easy to guarantee compatibility of the final batched model with them.

For example i had tried with SpeedTrees and i could not get wind to work out of the box in the batched model. I suppose it is possible with some changes in their shader, but is not certain.

I will be doing a lot more work on this for InfiniTREE 2 and make sure it is compatible with most trees, this is definitly planned after i finish with Sky Master 3.0 release (should be very soon, probably late next week) and i plan to re-write shaders that do not play by default (like the SpeedTree ones for example)

The performance should be great, as the trees will take only a few draw calls, while normal trees take an insane number of draw calls in next gen mode (full shadows etc). I have done some tests, i will find the pics and post them asap, probably are in this or in the WIP thread.

The textures from other packs should be possible to use with the tree parts, if L-trees are grown.

EDIT: Here is also the post with the stress test, this is an extreme example that shows what GPU can do when used properly. Of course there wont be a situation like this in an actual game, that will have extinction and LOD stages, so will have a lot less tris and draw calls etc.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/in...-forest-management.285554/page-3#post-2304666

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  32. kilju

kilju

hi man. me again :)
    i just bought ur asset and im having hard time to get it working.
    can u but down a video to show how to setup this?
    if i plant trees in ur demo scene how do i save them to grow back?
    and is it possible to grow trees in editor? or do i have to be in play mode to grow?

thanks

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

InfiniTREE works a bit differently than the InfiniGRASS, due to the bigger complexity of the trees.

The way this works in general is to have the grower scripts placed on the terrain, in the desired spots (trees grow in the position of the script), adjusted in paramters to get the needed look and then grown when the game starts.

Start by copying the demo growers and forming a small forest for example. There is no central grass manager, so you can add growers on the fly as well, without any other setup (the grass system uses a manager, so it has to register the grass with it to work properly)

I use a small bark lower part prefab, parented to the tree grower script, to know where the tree will be placed (or a gizmo can also be used or any other item or indicator) and then test the look by entering play mode and adjusting.

You can also grow the tree in the scene, by pressing on the "grow" bool variable in the tree script, but i dont recommend this as there is no way to ungrow the trees and the pre-grown ones will increase the scene size. The upside is that a grown tree can be further customized in the editor.

The LOD and cutoff distances are hardcoded in the batching script in InfiniTREE and to change the hardcoded values must be changed manually.

InfiniTREE 2 will adapt the grass manager system for the trees, so all the grass features will apply and make it easier to plant and edit trees, define LOD distance etc, but this is a lot harder than the grass handling, so will take some time to perfect and release.

The current system will remain intact in InfiniTREE2, for full backwards compatibility with trees already created and extra versatility (as the current system does not have the manager that adds an extra layer of complexity, for increased mass item control)

I hope these help, please let me know for further questions.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  34. kilju

kilju

oh thats how it works :) ok i think i got it now. i will play with it tomorrow and will come back when i get stuck :)

Nice to hear u are making it like infiniteGrass manager stuff. i really like that system :)
    thank you

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sure, let me know for anything else that comes up and i can help with the setup.

InfiniTREE 2 will have some other things from InfiniGRASS as well, besides the editor, like the vertex blending to ground, new wind modes etc

Also i am working on multiple new systems specifially for trees, like a customizable (in editor and real time) root growth / editing system based on splines and terrain adaptation algorithms and much more (e.g. bark scuplting)

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE is featured in the Unity Asset Store front page !!! A big thanks to the Unity store team !!

Also Sky Master ULTIMATE is still in the front page, the first time two of my systems are in the store front !!! :)

38. szymonkosok

szymonkosok

Any upcoming sales? I plan to buy infiniTREE, inifniGRASS and Sky Master Ultimate. Any discount would be great. :D Or maybe there is still available infiniGRASS voucher thing? (for infiniTREE review)

And btw. is it (infiniTREE) compatible with Sky Master snow system?

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Unfortunately i am out of InfiniGRASS vouchers, so i cant do this offer until September again.

If you get Sky Master ULTIMATE and InfiniGRASS i can grand a free InfiniTREE voucher though as an offer.

The earliest for a sale for Sky Master will be sometime after mid March and InfiniGRASS will be submitted for a store sale but this may not happen as there is no way to know if it will be included in one.

The InfiniGRASS shaders can be used in InfiniTREE, so should work with the Sky Master snow system with a change to those shaders. I have tested it with trees and works great.

Sky Master also has a set of shaders for snow for everything, including a cool billboard snow shader with variant snow growth edges and support for SpeedTree shaders, Unity terrain trees and grass and their billboards etc

Let me know for any further questions

40. szymonkosok

szymonkosok

Are these (all three) assets working with webgl builds? And sorry for asking here about Ultimate Sky Master, but how does length of day works? Is it static or based on date and lon/lat? And is there any ETA of InfiniTREE 2? Upgrade will be free or paid?

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have not tested much with WebGL, some tests i had done earlier (near when WebGL was released) had so many issues and slowdowns that i abandoned any effort until it is mature enough.

I did do one test for GI Proxy lately to see how it does in latest versions (another pack, which is also included in Sky Master as bonus) and it was very slow in general, so i dont plan to support it officially until it gets to the webplayer level of performance.

That said, my packs can play with mobile in most of their part (InfiniGRASS will have mobile shaders for v1.5 and i have some demos to test and Sky Master has most mobile modules already in and i will be enchancing for v3.x cycle further) so they can be very fast, but i cannot gurantee that will play well with WebGL.

The day in Sky Master supports a number of ways of definition, i have a full latidute / longitude system for the sun placement and i have just finished the same system for the Moon now for the coming v3.3 that will be submitted this week. Also added a galaxy with flickering stars and moon fading and correct sun lighting for v3.3 to the moon (since now the position is correct in relation to the sun, so phases can use actual sun light to be precise).

There is a way to shift the moon plane too, for customizing the realistic model and there is also a free mode (default) where the sun does a simple motion if the lat/lon model is not required (for sqeezing some extra performance).

I dont have a hard date for InfiniTREE2, since its main goal is to have many of SpeedTree editor tricks, like branch growth dynamics and gravity etc shaping with attractors , dynamic root adaptation, bark sculpting and much more, so it can be a while until all these are properly realized.

I am working on all that constantly though, for example i now have a much more enchanced dynamic mesh creation system with full control along the spline, enchanced spline system for definining local rotations in the mesh and much more are already done that will make the branch and root growth base, but there is still lots of way to go to get there, so i would say April to May is a realistic target for the first version.

42. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE is now on SALE - 35% for a limited time !!!

Extremely optimized tree system, with real time growth, interaction (e.g. chop) and L-tree variations with easy customization

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

InfiniTREE 2 is in the works along side my new terrain detailing system, for ultra detail in forest automation with extreme performance.

Progress so far:
    - Creation of dynamic tree roots that adapt to ground
    - Creation of dynamic branches within Unity
    - Controllable branch shape by splines (both editor & in real time)
    - Branch and root shaping/spawning in real time
    - Branching creation / definition by user input
    - Branch/Root spawn system
    - Tested integration with InfiniGRASS editor - Manager and works fine
    - Optional branch section definition by spline
    - Optional branch sections scale control by animation curve
    - Choice between adapt to Unity terrain (to bypass other objects like rocks) or with raycast for adapting to all objects
    - Partial adapt to ground, to define root bridges
    - Root branching with children follow on ground rules of parent
    - Growth based on physics for roots (and branches)

To do (some will be for v2.x cycle):
    - Bark sculpting system
    - Local attractors for mass branch shaping
    - Animated roots (this is already done, requires only a few optimizations to sqeeze all possible performance)
    - Billboard renderer and automated billboard LOD creation
    - Billboard shader
    - Integrate to InfiniLAND for automatic tree spread, growth, variation & ground adaptation
    - Adapt tree bark endpoint to ground
    - Next gen shaders (mostly ready from InfiniGRASS, only few changes-additions are needed)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    recon0303 and Pequisto like this.
  44. kilju

kilju

nice news!!!! have been waiting this to be like infinigrass :) it is currently so slow to plant trees but next update will surely make this asset 100times bettter. nice work :)

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS has been a great learning experience and all its systems will benefit InfiniTREE 2, so in essence it was work done for InfiniTREE 2 as well. Now i am taking it to the next level in features with ultimate goal to have a full tree editor right inside Unity, with spline control, real time growth, root adaptation and detailing in trees for the ultimate next gen look.

I have some simple tree samples in InfiniGRASS as well (pics above) and these will be augmented with the tree detailing, L-tree & spline based variety, root detailing etc for the InfiniTREE 2 version.

Both the grass and tree system will tie to the new terrain detailing system i am working on also.

Pequisto and kilju like this.
  46. b1gry4n

b1gry4n

For the shader involved with interacting with grass...does it work with just 1 influence source or would I be able to have multiple actors influence the grass at the same time?

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

If you refer to InfiniGRASS local temporal shader based inteaction, currently one interactor is possible.

The new shader in v1.7 will allow more than one interactors and have new features like local wind (e.g. for helicopter like interaction).

I will post a video with the latest version in a few minutes (uploading now).

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is a first video of the multi agent interaction and local wind (WIP):

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is a first video of the multi agent interaction and local wind (WIP):

And one more with wheet

Note that this is WIP and uses the base quad grass, the full mesh grass can also give a more detailed effect and will be work for v1.8 (or v1.7 if i manage to perfect that variety as well in time for v1.7 release)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    recon0303 and rrahim like this.
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE is on 35% sale for a limited time

Enjoy :)