Search Unity

Lightning and Dark Caves

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by PulseMedia, Oct 4, 2019.

1. PulseMedia

PulseMedia

Hello
    I have an Problem and some Questions about Lighting

Lets say i have an Voxel Terrain and i want to implement dynamic Lighting
    how should I go ahead?

I have tried Directional Lights, this is working perfect but the caves are to bright
    i have thought about an custom Light System where i check all sourrounding Voxels around an Voxels
    the Problem here i think is that i always need to recreate the mesh if the lightning changed
    my brains says me this is horrible if the sun goes down or the Player hold an torch in his hand and walk around

is there something possible with shaders, Post Processing ? or other things ?

best regards

//Edit i also have tried the Enviornment Lighting.. the caves are to bright or the surface to dark

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

If you are using one of our SRPs, you could employ post processing volumes. You could place one outdoors, and another one with different parameters in the cave.

Alternatively, you could instead disable directional once the player enters the cave. It should be easy to do with a trigger.

Another option would be to use multi-scene setups. You could place your cave in once scene, and the exterior area in another. You could check out our official additive lighting tutorial for examples on how to achieve this - https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/tutorials/additive-loading-lighting-examples-129922