Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightmaps are not applied to an additively loaded scene

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by SurvivalMachine, Feb 26, 2015.

1. SurvivalMachine

SurvivalMachine

I don't know if this is a bug or a user error, so before making a bug report, I'll ask here.

I made a new project and a scene with several static objects and static directional light. I also made a scene that loads that scene additively (Application.LoadLevelAdditive("additive");). Lightmaps don't seem to be applied when loading the scene. I'm using RC3 on Windows 7/64bit.

Do I need to apply scene render settings from the additively loaded scene manually when loading? I mean RenderSettings.ambientMode etc. I tried, but it didn't fix the lighting. I also tried changing Lighting settings, but couldn't find a combination that works.
    lightmaps.jpg

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Unity 5.0RC3 supports load level additive for baked lightmaps just like Unity 4.x did.
    It does not support load level additive for realtime GI & lightprobes.

This should be in RC3. Are you seeing anything different?

We are working on a baking solution for realtime GI where you effectively open all scenes together, bake the data out and then only the necessary data is loaded in at runtime when you load the relevant levels in additively. We hope to ship this soon in the 5.x series, we have mode some good progress on the implementation but not quite finished yet.

This way, shadows can cast from one additively loaded scene to another etc.

mh114 likes this.
  3. SurvivalMachine

SurvivalMachine

I tried changing "Ambient GI" into Baked and Disabling "Precomputed Realtime GI but still get the result in the bottom image. I also changed Directional Light's Baking property into "Baked". Here's the zipped project.
    http://twiren.kapsi.fi/files/LightmapRepro.zip

4. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

You need to actually bake the lightmap. Continous mode only works on the scene you have loaded in the editor. To load levels you need to actually click the bake button.

In your project. I simply opened the additive scene. Unchecked continous mode and hit the build button. Then saved the scene.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  5. SurvivalMachine

SurvivalMachine

Thanks for help, now it works!