Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightmaps are being selective and Postprocessing not working whatsoever.

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by Paddington_Bear, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Paddington_Bear

Paddington_Bear

Few problems, can't seem to find any solutions at all.
    I have a small scene with 4 meshes, light-mapper refuses to touch 3 of these. So far as I can tell the material is the issue - As applying the material from the first (layered lit) to the other 3 does actually work. They're static etc. Has anyone run into this?

The other issue is post-processing, I opened the latest .2 build HDRP SRP construction-site demo project, but prepossessing just refuses to work now. Github docs no use and can't find anything (although a lot of people with the same issue).

Basically: have checked isglobal to the volume, have added a layer to a new camera. Can't find any other setup information. Is there any chance there's some other setting i've missed? Possibly in 2.0.3 HDRP? Of course installing another postprocess package from the manager just gives me errors.

Cheers

2. elbows

elbows

Cant tell from your description if you have done the post-processing layer thing properly. You need to make sure the post-processing volume is on the post-processing layer. (near top right of following screenshot)

PPLayer.png

Also I only recommend the HD template for having an initial look. Because last time I checked, it was using a much older version of HD package. Once familiar with the system, I recommend starting a new project and then adding latest HDRP package via the package manager (make sure to use dropdown to select latest version 2.0.x as it defaults to an old one in package manager last time I checked). Or you can try upgrading the construction template, but you should upgrade the HDRP rather than the post-processing.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Paddington_Bear and LeonhardP like this.
  3. Paddington_Bear

Paddington_Bear

Hi Elbows,

Thanks very much for this - not sure how I missed it! Is the layer criteria a new one for unity in 2018? Because in the past layers and tags were typically only used when you referenced them yourself.

Anyway thanks again.

elbows likes this.
  4. elbows

elbows

As far as I remember it was always part of the way PostProcessing v2 works, but not post-processing v1. At some point they made Unity (or the package) automatically created a PostProcessing layer for you so that you didnt have to also create the unity layer yourself, but I forget when that was.