Search Unity

Lightmapping with Dynamic lights

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ScriptGeek, May 23, 2011.

1. ScriptGeek

ScriptGeek

I'm trying to use lightmapping in conjunction with real-time lights... After I bake a lightmap, I no longer see the effects of dynamic lights. I've been woefully searching for a solution and I'm at the brink of breakdown. Does anyone know how to get dynamic lighting working with lightmaps as well as a good therapist I can consult with about my resulting emotional trauma?

2. HolBol

HolBol

Set all the lights to auto in lightmapping, and for me they then still affect objects that aren't lightmapped.

3. ScriptGeek

ScriptGeek

Thanks for the reply. The point light I'm using is set to auto and I created a lightmap on the terrain. I changed the color of the point light and changing the intensity of the light at runtime makes no difference in how the terrain looks. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong with my lightmap. I'm lost.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

You want to have dynamic light on things that are already baked with light? Why?

(also, did you try dual lightmaps?)

5. ScriptGeek

ScriptGeek

Yes, I want dynamic light on things that are already baked because I'm trying to get a real-time lighting feel in a static lighting engine where I switch between lightmaps to achieve a desired effect. Specifically, I'm trying to use one lightmap for "lights out" and another for when lights are on, but I need to use a dynamic light to adjust for all of the in-between light levels. I've tried using dual-lightmaps when I baked, but I don't really understand how they are used.