Search Unity

Lightmapping Seems to Only Baking One Light

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by raeldor, Mar 13, 2016.

1. raeldor

raeldor

Hi,

I have an odd problem. I've added a number of point lights to my scene and set them to 'bake'. When they are in realtime mode everything looks good, but after baking it seems only one of them is getting baked because the glow close to the source on the other doesn't even appear. I've checked to map sure I have Generate Lightmap UVs on my mesh import, I've tried turning off precomputed GI, but nothing seems to be working.

When I look at the lightmap itself (there is only one), everything seems to be concentrated in one small area. Interestingly, when I select 'UV Charts' from the scene view, my largest mesh (the room mesh) disappears, yet it still has that one part of the scene baked ok with shadows and everything. However, when I look in the preview pane for that mesh in the lighting window it's blank, and it has a lightmap index of 65535.

Anyone have any other ideas what I should be checking or has experienced a similar issue?

Thanks
    Ray

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  2. raeldor

raeldor

For anyone else who has this issue, it turns out that the mesh was I think just too complicated for the light mapping calculation. I used an Asset Store tool called 'Mesh Merge' by 'Ootii' to split the mesh out into component parts based on materials, and after re-running the lighting calculation, bingo... it works.