Search Unity

Question Lightmapping Realtime Lightmap resolution - How to scale it up?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by obourgeois80, Mar 18, 2023.

1. obourgeois80

obourgeois80

Unity ver version: 2021.3
    Lighting mode: Substractive

Hi everyone,
    I have an issue in regards to the lightmap quality on my object. My issue is that I dont get accurate shadow and AO on small objects (witch are at the right scale for my needs - this is for a VR project).

Here is an example in attachment. The is an upper cabinet at the right physical scale (on the left). When I scale it up in unity (5,5,5) instead of (1,1,1), in renders correctly. I noticed that even im im baking lights (Light set to Baked and not mixed), it still creates a Realtime Lightmaps. I notice that the UVs in my scaled up version is 5x higher (since I scaled up my object), witch seems to resolve my issue. The one at the proper scale is lacking all the light quality.

If I scale up the ''Scale in lightmap'', it doesnt affect the ''Realtime Lightmap'' scale, witch seems to be my problem. So my question is, how to you scale the resolution into the ''Realtime Lightmap'' texture without scaling your object?

Thanks for checking :)

2. obourgeois80

obourgeois80

Image here

Attached Files:

3. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

First of all, do you really need both realtime GI and baked GI enabled in your project? It's highly recommended that you'd use only one or the other, unless you have a very specific use case. Enabling both will incur a performance cost both in runtime and while baking.

If you still need realtime GI enabled, tweak the Indirect Resolution value in the Lighting window. Chances are that you've maxed out the resolution of the realtime lightmap atlas.