Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightmapping Baked Tags Help

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Rob-Madden, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Rob-Madden

Rob-Madden

Hi all,

Having some problems with the Advanced Lightmap Parameters. I have arranged Lightmap UV's in my modelling package and imported the mesh into Unity. The mesh is contained in a single .dae and is composed of three sub-meshes, with no overlapping UV's (all three sub-mesh UV's are contained within the 0-1 space).

The lightmaps bake to the UV's correctly however Unity is pushing each sub-mesh into its own UV atlas, creating three separate atlases. This negates the benefit of arranging our UV's in our 3d package.

In order to try and fix this I created a custom Lightmap Parameter that uses the 'Baked Tag' integer and assigned this to all three meshes. This however does not force Unity to pack the lightmaps into one single atlas.

Is there a way I can force Unity to pack my pre-arranged UV's into a single atlas?

Thank you,

Rob

JamesArndt likes this.
  2. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I'm dealing with this issue right now in 2017.3. None of my geometry pieces seem to be respecting this "baked tag" setting. I am applying the lightmap parameters file to each piece of geometry I want to share an atlas to. This is still occuring in 2018.1 as well...are there any plans to repair this I wonder?