Search Unity

Lightmap problems

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by chrisb1976, Dec 8, 2016.

1. chrisb1976

chrisb1976

I tried to post this into Answers, but it seems to have been denied for some reason, so I'll try here and hope for some kind of response:

We are having a big issue with using lightmaps in Unity 5.5 when targetting mobile platforms.

There seems to be some kind of encoding happening on the lightmaps that makes them display incorrectly when compared with the unbaked scene, or the same lightmaps used in a PC build.

As always, pictures speak a thousand words. The attached images illustrate the problems we are having:

- The 2 images on the left are in the iOS build editor, the 2 on the right are targetting PC
    - The PC baked version, with lightmaps, looks very close to the realtime setup.
    - The iOS Baked version looks almost like the linear space is not being used.
    - We are doing tests with a Gamma based setup too, but this is also giving huge differences between realtime and baked lighting. This would suggest the issue has nothing to do with linear vs Gamma, but more to do with the encoding/decoding of lightmaps on mobile platforms.
    - The lightmaps are displayed in the image too - these are actually identical lightmaps, but it can be seen clearly that the ones on PC build are being displayed differently.

Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Get the new 5.5 patch release.

3. chrisb1976

chrisb1976

Thanks for the answer.

I tried this in the new patch release (5.5.0p1), and produce exactly the same result. Also turned off DX11, assigned metal for the iOS target, and iOS 8.0.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Do a bug report.

5. chrisb1976

chrisb1976

Yeah, I think that may be the only option. I will prepare a scene I can upload with the same issue.

Was hoping that maybe someone else had encountered the same issue.

6. chrisb1976

chrisb1976

7. kilik128

kilik128

got same in p3 switch lightmap import option give Strange result on mobile any help please