Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightmap issues(?) in Windows 64-bit build

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Meidell, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Meidell

Meidell

Hey guys!

I have an issue which seems to be related to lightmapping. When building this scene with realtime lighting only everything looks fine, but after baking all lights (except the one directional light, which is mixed), something weird happens in the built version:

Screenshot-2018-02-06-15.00.57.jpg

Everything still looks good in the Editor play mode:

Screenshot-2018-02-06-14.58.jpg

In this case, I have 12 directional lightmaps with shadowmasks at 4k each, weighing in at ≈4GB. This is Unity 2017.3.0f3 running on Windows 10 Pro with an i7-4790K, 32GB RAM and a GTX 980. I am using deferred rendering for screen space reflections through the Post Processing Stack, but I get the same issue when building without the Post Processing Behaviour on the camera. There are no error messages in the application error log (nor in the editor's). Is this an issue related to memory consumption? Compression method? Any ideas?

Apologies if this has already been covered in a different thread. Searched, but couldn't find any.

Thanks!
    Philip

2. Meidell

Meidell

Update: This seems to be a problem related to the Shadowmask lighting mode. In my case, switching to Baked Indirect turned out as a sufficient workaround for now.