Search Unity

Lightmap issue with Polybrush assets

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ridethefader, Nov 24, 2019.

1. ridethefader

ridethefader

Whenever I bake my lightmaps for my scene, all is fine except the specific mesh that have polybrush on them. I have a modular floor that I have some of the floor pieces with polybrush so I could paint in some other materials. Only the floor mesh pieces that have polybrush come out black. Everything is set to static.

Is there a Polybrush setting I need to set in order to have lightmaps bake on polybrush meshes?

2. ridethefader

ridethefader

anyone? I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere.

3. Giometric

Giometric

There is a mode setting for the Polybrush mesh script, it gives you a choice between something like "Override Mesh" vs "Add Streams". Make sure you have "Override Mesh" picked; it's not as efficient, but apparently it is required for light mapping to work.

That said, I have had some issues come up with lightmapped Polybrush meshes that I was only able to resolve for good by just exporting the painted mesh as a new mesh asset to use while being able to remove the polybrush script entirely. If it still doesn't work after changing the setting, you might try that as well.

4. ridethefader

ridethefader