Search Unity

Lightmap Display Shadow Distance

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kababayenoh, Jul 26, 2012.

1. kababayenoh

kababayenoh

Is there a way to keep shadow distance settings upon build?

I tweaked the settings so that I can see shadows drawn when I'm at a certain distance but as soon as the asset is built and exported to exe the settings revert to default.

Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to edit scripts to do that?

Thanks

Attached Files:

• $01.jpg
      $01.jpg
      File size:
      56.8 KB
      Views:
  2. fransh

fransh

If i understand this correctly, than setting the shadow distance within the quality window to the correct value will solve this for you.

OllyNicholson likes this.
  3. Shinugami

Shinugami

I have the same issue. I'm using Unity 4.6 or 4.5.06 or something like that (can't check atm because Unity is rendering lightmaps).

So I use the shadow distance settings within lightmapping window and it's fine. Then if I bake the lightmap it will totally ignore my distance settings and I'll have unwanted shadows appearing beyond the allowed distance despite there being a setting to supposedly prevent this.

Update: I experimented some more and I seem to have got the results I wanted. It involved making some objects non-lightmap static which prevented them from casting a shadow however it would be nice if the shadow distance was the solution because I see that other objects on the same level that ARE lightmap static make shadows that travel further than intended.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    OllyNicholson likes this.
  4. sparticle

sparticle

the "Shadow Distance" in the tiny editor window is just for testing. To set a fixed "Shadow Distance" go to:
    Edit > Project Settings > Quality. There it is. The value you set here, will then be displayed in the tiny lightmap window too.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014