Search Unity

Question Lightmap datas moved from a scene folder to another one as a new scene become active

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Andhil, May 12, 2022.

1. Andhil

Andhil

Hi,

This is my problem (Unity 2020.3) :

In the editor,

1/ If you bake lighting for a SINGLE scene (not in additive mode).
    2/ Then you load another scene and just set it as active (with right click=> set active).
    => All lightmap datas are moved from previous folder to new scene folder.
    => The new scene have a new LightingDataAsset where are attached the lightmaps from the previous scene.
    3/ Finally, if you bake the new scene SINGLE. You lose all datas from the first scene because they are overwritten.

This can be easily reproduced by anyone with 2 new scenes.

I think this is maybe relative to Additive lightmaps current bug (https://forum.unity.com/threads/multi-scene-lightbaking-with-some-scenes-being-variable.1131169/ ), but in this case this is just a basic strange behaviour that i can't explain.

At this point, I just can't bake lights for my scenes and I am stuck here...

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

André

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  2. Andhil

Andhil

This issue seems to me so huge that i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong ... This problem was not present in Unity 2019 and I use 2020.3 since few months. Maybe I'm missing some obvious settings, let me know.

3. Andhil

Andhil

The only workaround I found to avoid this issue is to close the editor just after having baked lightmaps and saved the scene.