Search Unity

Lightmap banding on Andriod

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Anne_Lanting, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Anne_Lanting

Anne_Lanting

Hi there,

I'm having this problem with banding in the lightmap in 5.6.0.f3 and 2017.1.1f. In the 'pc platform' everything looks great but when change to android the banding appears.

below a picture of the banding. (picture is from a similar thread earlier this year)

Light baking is common thing for an android based game, right. Anyone else having this problem and is there a solution?

Please let me no, thanks.

Great, Anne

2. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

You can improve banding by disabling compress mode
    Also you can find lightmap files inside scene folder and change import settings (use non-compressed formats) manually
    Android version doesn't comparable with pc but should appear better

also don't forget that when you use the textures, banding will be hidden. Only white surfaces has this problem

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. Anne_Lanting

Anne_Lanting

@ aliyeredon2 thanks for the reply. Compress mode is disabled and compression is by default none (no android override). But the texture does the trick. In my case i didn't had a white surface but a green flat surface color (as a texture), maybe a flat color is the problem.

Anyway thanks for the help !

Great Anne.

4. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

Also if you have used Amplify Color, set quality mode to "Standard" because mobile mode has same issue