Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightmap Baking is not good or problematic after 0b7 update

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by segant, Mar 16, 2019.

1. segant

segant

I use LWRP. In 0b6 lightmaps were good. After update everything has changed. I have fixed all materials and textures and tried to bake some scenes it is better than 0b6 version but so bad for non-static objects. But alpha clipping is now better than old one.
    Here is better
    Old one

And here is where problem starts

Old one

And i think it is about light intensity because when it is 1 it gets nice shadows but when it is 3 this happens and material.color doesn't work. In 0b6 this was working well

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Yes we have a known bug that is a high priority for us to fix to do with the LightmappingDirectional baking in the latest LWRP versions, unfortunately this fix will be changes to both Unity and to LWRP so will take a little longer to get out to you guys than a straight LWRP issue.

The problem happened between LWRP 5.2.1 and 5.3.0.

If you believe this is something else(not sure what LWRP version you were on in b6 vs b7) then please open a bug with a repo project so we can take a look and see if it's related or a different issue all together.

3. segant

segant

Ok thanks for the info. I look forward to new releases.

4. FixItFelix

FixItFelix

Hello guys,
    just to be sure I will write here as well because I think it is the same issue.
    I am using LWRP with 1 real-time directional light and additional baked lights.
    But I realized that I get now shadow from the baked lights but normally it should ake shadows as well right?

It that based on the same problem or do I something wrong?