Search Unity

Lightmap and LightingDataAsset not working when loading a scene from an asset bundle

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by zulaman, Apr 26, 2021.

1. zulaman

zulaman

Hi there,
    I'm trying to make an assetbundle from a scene that has lighting baked into lightmaps and it's not loading correctly.
    The scene with all the geometry is loading correctly, but all the static objects that should receive a lightmap are marked non static and also the Contribute Global Illumination is checked off. When debugging in editor using the Scene View (Baked Lightmap) I can see that the lightmaps are assigned, but in Shaded mode the shader doesn't seem to use the lightmap affect.
    Lastly, if I select any of the objects and reassign the exact same shader (Standard) while still in play mode.... it fixes the issue and shows the affect of lightmap on the object.
    I can maybe hack it and iterate over every object in the scene and reassign the shaders again in runtime, but it just seems like a bug that needs to be fixed. or I'm possibly doing something else wrong.
    Thank you.

2. zulaman

zulaman

For what it's worth.... here's the hack that fixed the issue for me.
    I just run it after loading the scene, but you have to wait till it's actually loaded with await or coroutine.

Code (CSharp):
    1.                 MeshRenderer[] rnds = GameObject.FindObjectsOfType<MeshRenderer>();
    2.                 Shader shader = Shader.Find("Standard");
    3.                 foreach (MeshRenderer rnd in rnds)
    4.                 {
    5.                     Material mat = rnd.sharedMaterial;
    6.                     Shader origShader = mat.shader;
    7.                     mat.shader = shader;
    8.                     mat.shader = origShader;
    9.                 }

3. zulaman

zulaman

Does anyone has a better solution ?
    This seems to work 90% of the time, but with some shaders it's not fully working.

4. stamatian

stamatian

I'm having the same issue! Did you find a soultion? I'm using URP

5. rstorm000

rstorm000

Did you figure out a solution for this?