Search Unity

Lightleeking

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by peterkungen, Mar 16, 2015.

1. peterkungen

peterkungen

The picture show lightleeking. The whole apartment is solid and a single mesh. There are no gaps or open seams, I have doublechecked in 3ds max before export.

Only 1 directional light (settings below), camera and geometry in scene.

If this lightbakingthing need to have more resolution or something, where do i set that up?

Below is my settings.

Really appreciate help :)

2. topofsteel

topofsteel

Yea. My solution has been to either make sure both sides of the wall are lit the same :/. Or, a separate mesh for each space. The enlighten lightmap resolution is just too large, even on high-resolution. If that wall were on a 45 degree angle you would see dark and light areas on each side of the wall following the GI UV Chart. Fortunately enlighten is much more forgiving about seams, in a lot of cases you cannot see them at all. Do you originate your meshes in Max or bring them into max from someplace, like Revit? In the attached image, look above the door. That is one continuous mesh setup like you described.

Edit: The resolution settings are under Lighting - General GI - Default Parameters for the scene and Lighting - Object - Advanced Parameters for objects.

GI_shadow_06.png

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    peterkungen likes this.
  3. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

@peterkungen If you enable Final Gather, you should see much less leaking, but bake times will increase with the number of rays.

4. topofsteel

topofsteel

He has Baked GI checked, but no lightmaps because the light is set to realtime only. Can you add final gather to realtime lightmaps?

5. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

No, it only affects the baked lighting.

6. topofsteel

topofsteel

Right, his scene doesn't have any baked lighting.

7. peterkungen

peterkungen

so i decied not to go for lightmaps and actually only higherd the amount Realtime Resolution from 2 to 4 and its better. I will go for the adding light to compensate.
    (The spolchines is caused of low rendersettings.)

Thanks for the input! :-D