Search Unity

Lighting problem for Oculus Quest App

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Deleted User, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am currently working on an Oculus Quest App (Android Build) in Unity 2019.2.9f1. I am trying to bake the lights in one scene with many statis objects (only onbe object is non-static / most of the objects are from this asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/modern-loft-full-pack-38532 (I only use the outer buildings for this scene)). The thing is it bakes normally (two directional lights; one on auto the other on not important / both on baked). But the lights cast realtime shadows and the lightmaps are applied in the editor ui, but not in the scene and game view (also not in the finished build on the Quest).
    I am quite confused because read many threads about lighting and thought i did everything right. The lightmaps also appear in the "Baked Lightmaps"-Tab of the Lighting window.
    lighting_window_1.PNG lighting_window_2.PNG Unbenannt.PNG
    They also seem to be applied to the object correctly:
    object_applied.PNG

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. eastes

eastes

This scene looks really familiar!!!

Try changing the lighting mode to "Baked Indirect"

3. Rensoburro_Taki

Rensoburro_Taki

Forget Unity's internal lightmapper!!! honestly, buy BAKERY, it's also now 50% off spring sale! You will LOVE it!!!! and it has a real time viewport preview addon as well, which is also 50% now xD ^^ I would not hesitate! The precision, the quality, the speed, almost no leaks etc. ....it's a dream of a baker. You have also afterwards full control over the lightmaps. It's so smart and done by a real professional in this field.