Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Lighting Issues on LoadScene

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Christian-Mosbo, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Christian-Mosbo

Christian-Mosbo

I'm working on a project in Unity 2018. When I first start up the editor, my game scene loads and plays normally.

Screen1.png
    And when I look at the lighting data settings everything seems normal:
    LightmapData1.png

Now I have "Auto Generate" set to off in my Lighting Scene settings.
    Lighting.png

Now, when I would load another scene in the editor and then come back to this scene, the lighting data is messed up. The same scene now looks like this:
    Screen2.png
    And I can tell there is an issue in the reflection probe:
    LightmapData2.png

No idea where the pink and green are coming from, but they obviously ruin the look. I suspect some element is missing somewhere, but again everything works normally when I first load the editor. This would ALSO happen if I clicked on "Generate Lighting" in the lighting build.

While this was annoying in the editor, I could always close the editor and reopen it for the scene to display normally, and when I built the project the finished build would always display correctly... so I figured whatever the error was I could live with it.

However, I now have this problem in my finished builds. As soon as I started to have multiple scenes in my finished build and load scenes, the loaded scene would show up with the lighting all messed up. So now it is not just an editor problem, but also an Application.LoadScene problem.

Again, when staying in just one scene in the editor or in a build everything works fine and looks great. I haven't had any of these issues in previous versions of unity. Can anyone help me with what is going on and how to fix it?

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

3. Christian-Mosbo

Christian-Mosbo

So, how exactly to throw out the first scene?

That also doesn't seem to explain how staying on the same scene and simply hitting "Generate Lighting" causes the same effect.