Search Unity

Lighting Issue

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by jsmar34, Dec 6, 2018.

1. jsmar34

jsmar34

Does anyone know what's causing this annoying issue? All items are static, the area light in the lamp is realtime and the square under the table only shows up when the lamp is realtime. When I set the light to baked the entire scene looks dim and dull. Lighting Error Highlighted.PNG

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey! It would be hard to pinpoint what your issue is just by looking at that screenshot. Which lightmapper are you using? Could you also attach a screenshot of the lighting settings window?

Is the floor one contiguous mesh, or is it modular? Is the table set to cast shadows?

3. jsmar34

jsmar34

upload_2018-12-7_10-48-59.png
    I'm still new to lighting in Unity so I'm not 100% confident in what I'm doing

4. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Hi

Can you send me the Material settings and Mesh Renderer for the table? Something seems really off there.

So, to clarify the dullness with baked light. In this specific scene you rely a lot on specular light (the shiny bit in the table). This is not possible if you fully bake the light, since specular is dependant on where the camera is (which we don't consider when we bake light). I would suggest to use Realtime GI only for this scene.

If you want a crash course, I did a talk on how to start called "Bake it til you make it" and it's on youtube :)

Cheers
    Jennifer Nordwall
    Lighting Team, Unity

5. JenniferNordwall

JenniferNordwall

Unity Technologies

Oh, and if you have the time: Go to your scene view and click on the tiny dropdown top left corner. Send me screen shot of the Realtime clustering etc (everything that is under the Realtime GI header). This is what we use to debug the realtime GI.
    Also try turning off all baking (both realtime and baked) and see if the issue is still there.